Roblox Installer Freezes in VM

Hey! I’m not sure if I should be asking this on the devforum or not, but I can’t find any other post that quite relates to the issue I’m encountering. Basically what is happening is when I try and launch Roblox in a VirtualBox VM (Windows 10), everything goes smoothly up until the “Starting Roblox” part. The VM is a clean install, and I was able to get other programs running perfectly fine. Anyway, when it reaches the “Starting Roblox” part of the installer, it usually works for a second or two, and then just freezes the entire VM. The only posts I could find that are similar are posts of Roblox crashing when launched on a VM, though I don’t believe this is the issue. Sorry if this is a simple fix or the wrong forum to ask, I don’t really know much about VirtualBox :sweat_smile:. Thanks in advance!

If anyone else has this issue, I believe I’ve found the cause. Please correct me if I’m wrong as I have no clue if this is how it works, but in this article a Roblox staff mentions that Roblox can only run in a VM with a dedicated GPU. From my understanding, this means your VM must support GPU passthrough, though not many do. Have a good day/night, whoever may be reading this!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.