(Closed) Roblox is looking for a Backend Engineer for the Game Services Team!

As a Backend Engineer with the Game Services Team, you’ll have the opportunity and end-to-end responsibility for challenging, complex, mission-critical services within the Roblox ecosystem.

The Game Services Team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, which enables our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services around core game play, tools and services improving developer productivity, and services enabling our creators to communicate with their audiences. You will create and own mission-critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.

You Are:

• An outstanding software engineer with experience shipping high complexity code
  • Experience supporting mission-critical applications at scale or a desire to learn to do the same
  • Proficient in C#, C++, Java or another programming language
  • Familiar with front end technologies like JavaScript, HTML, and CSS
  • Understanding databases at scale
  • At least 18 years old

You Will:

• Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem.
  • Design systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient.

Interested?! Apply Here
Please do not post your application in this topic. Questions and comments are welcome!

18 Likes

is this a one time thing or will you guys be posting job openings here now? it’d be nice to have a secondary category with job openings being posted as they come up since there’s no way to see when stuff gets opened on the jobs site

13 Likes

On the actual posting it says senior developer with 5+ years experience. Is that what you’re expecting? Would you consider people with less professional experience?

From what I’ve read, general advice for applying to software engineering positions is to apply regardless of the years-experience requirements. Many employers will consider your application even if you don’t meet the experience requirements. It doesn’t hurt to apply, anyway! In the case that the employer is only listing years-experience requirements so that they don’t get completely inexperienced applicants, you may have just landed yourself a job.

8 Likes

I would literally apply if I didn’t live across the country.

I’d love to have programming as a job instead of working at Walmart. :confused:

4 Likes