Roblox is smudging out my textures

Yeah, so I’m making a 4-points hallway right. And I’m modelling it and texturing it just like how any other 5-star developer would’ve done it. 1 Mesh, UV-mapped and textured. The only problem is that my 1 ColorMap that is UV wrapped over my hallway is getting totally smudged out. From 4K to 1K with a bunch of anti-aliasing and smudge.

WHAT TO DO?

(First image is how it would look like in ANY engine, second image is how it looks in the Roblox engine… HELLO??)

1 Like

Compression issues, there’s a maximum resolution(1024 squared or else compression kills your image).

Tell me something I don’t know.

2 Likes

I just like wonder if somebody knows how to work around it, not what happends.

1 Like

That’s not possible to work around, considering that the upload limit is internal. I think the developers use a texture which is within the minimum size to quality and then use a texture object which will repeat the pattern across the floor(not sure how it will apply on the wedges, they’re tricky).

1 Like

Sounds very unoptimized as Assets are built up of UV maps?

No clue, the size limits keep things very smudged because of the compression. Can’t really help but you could try something else, but I don’t remember if it works.

1. Create random mesh, no UV-map.
  2. Apply TEXTURE instace on the imported mesh, after you have imported this mesh.
  3. Use a texture image of the tiles and try it.

I’m not certain if it works, but it’s prooobably worth a shot.

Sad, that makes PBR not possible. :confused:

I guess I’ll do that instead.

maybe try making it a beam with a texture, usually beams you can strech out the texture or make it smaller

Oops! Should have mentioned that you were using PBR. Not exactly familiar with the PBR since its introduction. Wasn’t it something called SurfaceAppearance?