Roblox is unlocking voice chat without identification verification?

hello, how are people getting access to the voice chatting feature without verifying their identity?

just today roblox has given my friend access to voice chat under Privacy settings without verifying his identity, and we have the exact same settings under our accounts. my account is over 15 years old and my dob is 1999, have Authenticator App enabled, phone verified, and have no restrictions on my account.

roblox support told me it wasn’t possible for them to manually verify for the voice chat feature over email, and said the only way was to verify under account settings - which i know isn’t true since people are getting this feature without verifying their identity at all.

does anyone know anything? appreciated

37 Likes

if this is true its probably being rolled out and thats why you dont have it.

20 Likes

Citizens in the US get VC by just verifying their phone and email. Is your friend perhaps living there, or are you both living outside of the US?

21 Likes

how do you know that? he’s living in the us, i’m in canada

20 Likes

This meaning that US citizens will get special perks to get VC with just their phone and email verified. If you live outside of the US, you need to verify your ID to gain access to VC.

23 Likes

so theoretically if i move to the US and have my only saved login location located in the US, it could be handed out to me? or would the phone number location be a restriction as well maybe? thanks for the source

17 Likes

I think that the phone number might be a restriction. I wouldn’t know much specifically about this, since I don’t live in the US in the first place.

16 Likes

thank you for being helpful, i’m marking your reply as a solution then, and maybe make an update if moving to the US works. appreciate it boss

14 Likes

Man, this feels like years old at this point.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/non-id-voice-chat-accessibility/1993037

Wait, you’re really going to consider moving here over a roblox feature? You sound so devoted.

Please note you must need a non-VOIP phone number. (cough cough Google Voice)

11 Likes

hope you mean tricking roblox into thinking your in the us. but if u rlly need that vc by all means move to the us…

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.