Roblox LSP - Full Intellisense for Roblox and Luau!

Furthermore, I create this folder in another script, is it possible for it to silence the error as I did so?

If the script is in your project folder, then Roblox LSP should recognize it, otherwhise, it can be because of how your Rojo Project is setup, or if your project file is not named default, then you have to configure Roblox LSP to recognize it, you can learn how in the Rojo Support section of this topic.

Even so that Undefined member warning may appear from time to time, but you can disable it, I explained how in some posts above.

1 Like

Is this a bug or my fault?

1 Like

Code_tRoRrWujlJ

whenever i open a .lua file this happens and it doesnt work
edit: go to output doesnt display anything and its my only lua related plugin i have installed.

This bug occurs when you try to open a single .lua file instead of a folder.

alright thank you, its working when i open a folder now.

Have you made any changes to the autocomplete recently? For some reason the autocomplete is no longer showing functions in a table, where this is working fine with only sumneko’s language server.

Here’s an example.
By hovering over t I can see that test is recognised as a function within t, but when I type “t.” using Roblox LSP and Selene, I see the following.

I think this was working previously and I haven’t changed any settings for a while.

P.S. Just downgraded to version 0.11.1 and it’s now working as expected.

I’ve been DYING for something like this, smart Intellisense has what has been preventing me from using Rojo. Thank you so much for this! You are an absolute legend.

I have some questions about the LNI files.

Is it possible when using functions as a argument type to specify what type of arguments the function will receive? Like event connections.

Is it also possible to specify what type of things a table/array can contain, something like table<string>?

The extension is amazing, but documentation on how to use LNI files to add autocomplete stuff would be nice.

1 Like

Awesome, I like this, it helps us a lot

Just a question, how would I install this? I am kind of confused.

I believe you just open VSCode and install this extension: Roblox LSP - Visual Studio Marketplace.

(Note: this plugin can only be utilized if you use Rojo w/ VSCode)

i installed both of them how do i activate them?

You can learn how to install Rojo here: https://rojo.space/docs/installation/

I believe once you have Rojo setup and have the Roblox LSP extension downloaded, everything should be working.

@Nightrains Can you verify this?

ive installed rojo what to do now?

ill say rojo : intialize and it gives me a error

I’m not entirely sure what the Rojo installation process is, so I encourage you to go to the page I linked in my last reply and read the instructions carefully.

to set rojo up we need to do some many things make a new folder and so much! this is hard

…you could just use the Rojo extension for VSC by evaera instead of just using the cli

i dont understand the full process of using it i have rojo and RoloxLSP installed but how do i make both of them work ?