Roblox modeling via blender

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this belongs here.

Hi there, I am xinder.
I am making a “Magic” hat which I can put on for sale later on if I get into UGC.

However, this is an issue. I got 2 meshparts and one is called “Handle.” The one with the “attachment” is the one called “handle.” I put it into a accessory, and put the accesory into the rig, but when i run it won’t put the hat on the players head. However, my other creation, the “Barrel” did.

Here is a clip: https://gyazo.com/59dcaacb38e8c2085219b8746b6918b6

The problem is it won’t go on and it falls apart. But I know we arn’t supposed to anchor them. Please help me!

discord: xinder#3686 or here @ devforum

You would have to insert the attachment and name it to to whatever body part you’re attaching to.

Also I believe you cant use 2 meshparts in a single accessory so combine them.

Read this for more info

You can make a weld constraint between the two. That will fix them to each other.
As for making it a hat, you have to copy the hat attachment from a dummy then put it in a part then locate the part on which part of the hat do you want the head to be. Attach the part there and then parent the hat to the player.

Try using Quenty`s Pweld (Perfect weld) which creates a weld between everything in a group

Thank you everybody for the options! I will try all of em, thank you!

I tried using that script. It does indeed not make it break, however, it won’t go on the players head, or I should say, the rig.

That’s what I did. I put the hat attachment into the inside of the cone shaped part, and I put it into an accessory, then I put it under the rig’s child, and it won’t work. Just fall straight down.

Honestly if you’re applying to UGC, I would recommend simply exporting the hat as a single object and vertex painting the different parts of the hat in blender.

I guess that could work, thanks for the option.

Ude humanoid:AddAccessory(Accessory)

1 Like

So I have to do this?

local playerModel = script.Parent
local humanoid = playerModel:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

-- Create the Accessory.
local clockworksShades = Instance.new("Accessory")
clockworksShades.Name = "ClockworksShades"

local handle = Instance.new("Part")
handle.Name = "Handle"
handle.Size = Vector3.new(1,1.6,1)
handle.Parent = clockworksShades

local faceFrontAttachment = Instance.new("Attachment")
faceFrontAttachment.Name = "FaceFrontAttachment"
faceFrontAttachment.Position = Vector3.new(0,-0.24,-0.45)
faceFrontAttachment.Parent = handle

local mesh = Instance.new("SpecialMesh")
mesh.Name = "Mesh"
mesh.Scale = Vector3.new(1,1.3,1)
mesh.MeshId = "rbxassetid://1577360"
mesh.TextureId = "rbxassetid://1577349"
mesh.Parent = handle

-- Attach the Accessory to the humanoid.
humanoid:AddAccessory(clockworksShades)

I guess try it. I dont know the scripts behind ur game.

1 Like