Roblox on Linux (Everything summarized in 1 post)

going through this, I have already tried to do so, unfortunately I run a muxless laptop, and lenovo has made it so complicated to get it to work. I have a second screen now, and the closest I have gotten was a graphical mess that would indicate a broken GPU under any circumstances, however my system does not have a broken GPU, infact I use it to this day to render complicated stuff and it works just fine.

and it’s not like I didn’t try my best either, I’ve been trying for months on end, and went through every single page on Google that was relevant, like I was at page 50 at one point and all the links were highlighted because I visited them all (talk about being desperate). I have tried basically everything under the sun and nothing. So I gave up. Mentally this wasn’t good for me. And on countless occassions, it just wasn’t worthwhile when I could just dual boot and not deal with lowered performance, mental pain or anything.

I have left Roblox for a while now, mostly because of the community (ableism, transphobia) and the entire development environment, being a for-profit company. I am just now knowing what they did to Linux users just to implement an anti-cheat which will probably not achieve much of anything.

I can only say, this makes me want to be even more far away from Roblox. Their decisions are just selfish, they exploit the devs and users, and can’t even maintain the minimum for them if it doesn’t benefit them or make them money directly. This is yet another example of that.

This isn’t about the devs working on the proprietary bits, this is its view as a company, it makes no sense to attack them, even if they do end up sharing the same ideas as the people on top.

4 Likes