Roblox Pursuit AI: autonomous & self-driving cop car chases

Oh God, I never knew that. I guess we’re entering a new age :flushed:

Lol, yes, he seems like an ambitious and amazing dev

Can you open-srouce the demo now? @xChris_vC

The project has been delayed as I’m hired as long-term software engineer & project manager too, so there came a lot of workload on my end. I hope to finish the modules and documentation soon!

3 Likes

The “Police” ai vehicles isn’t decked out with anything resembling an actual police vehicle, besides its skin.

Needless to say, there’s major safety concerns being the vehicle isn’t equipped with Emergency Lights nor sirens so other drivers would be oblivious and would have perceive solely by “their own means” so to speak.

Nonetheless, it’s a marvelous creation though does it meet the realism standards, being vital provided by the circumstances? Not quite.

I understand your concerns with the car models, but I need to clarify that this topic is a programmatic showcase, which shows the capabilities of Roblox’ platform and the possibility to let a car chase suspects.

Probably you’ve classified this post as showcase of the police vehicle model somehow, which isn’t my intention. I have used Roblox’ endorsed models because of its design, performance and constraints. You can get the actual vehicle (without AI equipment) here:

I hope this solves the miscommunication.

3 Likes

I must correct you, based on my experience in-game, that the police AI vehicles are equipped with sirens.

We’re not stopping, promises are promises :eyes:

2 Likes

0_0 WOW!!!

Seems that the module’s nearing completion. Is there any guesstimate for time of release? Doesn’t have to be exactly correct, just a rough idea… I’m itching to implement this. As of now, I’ve been using a PathfindingService-based AI which is really hard to edit. Hopefully this will be simpler to reuse? :slight_smile:
Also, a quick question: Will the AI cars be compatible with @sleitnick 's node map system? I’d like to pepper my city with nodes :smirk:

Feel free to send me a link to his contribution and I’ll look into it!

Here’s the link:
https://www.roblox.com/library/645414345/Node-Map

1 Like

You did an amazing job here Chris and I am glad to see you’ve gone this far, the first time I met you, you were making some “anti-exploit” group and now here you are, you’ve grown a long way, and I can’t wait to see what you will do in the future!

1 Like

Haha, when I saw your username in my Roblox feed, I got back the menories!

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to keep learning & keep creating more for the community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

For all the followers (& new community members), I’ve created a game that has AI pursuits integrated, as well as cops attempting to taze & arrest you! Yes, this is one step closer to full self-driving police AI!

https://www.roblox.com/games/5040784481

3 Likes

Amazing,. Though the gui is annoying on mobile

Ah, do you have a screen size (in pixels) so I can try optimizing it?

Playing on PC would be more recommended though for proper controls & performance reasons.

Im not sure but i tried it on samsung s9.

1 Like

Dude this is amazing, can’t wait for a full fledge game using this system to come out.

1 Like

And there is a bug occuring on my Motorola G5+ that the camera sometimes breaks, and instead of following the player it just stays still in the current position where it broke.

Thanks for the kind words! I’ve partnered up with a builder to create a map for a full police-criminal experience that is challenging, more realistic (than Jailbreak players) and fun to play & explore! :upside_down_face:

For the camera bug, try equipping a weapon and then unequipping, that should reset the camera position.

2 Likes

I know I’m being annoying… But you can also lead police into your cell, allow them to arrest you and then kill them while on prisoner team, still earn the cash, and they won’t do anything to you.

Video:

I know but…

Also it is impossible to read the gun names I don’t even know if there just dashes as placeholders or what.

2 Likes