Roblox staying open after application is closed. (And also playing sound)

I have found if you still are experiencing the bug here is a quick way to resolve the issue without opening Command Prompt or Task Manager. (On windows)

Steps

Step One: Create a New shortcut on your desktop

Step Two: Type in taskkill /im RobloxPlayerBeta.exe /t /f

Step Four: Make a name.

WARNING this will close the Roblox application by force and will NOT give any warning before closing it. Although this is not harmful remember to save your progress on anything before clicking this.

3 Likes

still happening, its very annoying

2 Likes

open source ctrl+alt+f4 program replacement for altf4 ive used for pretty much every program ever:

3 Likes

Don’t mark workarounds as solutions, otherwise roblox engineers will say “alright solved” and never solve it.

12 Likes

It is happening to me as well.

5 Likes

This been happening to me for months.

4 Likes

Same here, also happening with studio.
@Focia19 will this be fixed?

3 Likes

Hi @Focia19 it has started occurring on my end again.

5 Likes

This happens to me as well, But only when my PC’s GPU started to go downhill

2 Likes

This is a bug I’m also experiencing now.

2 Likes

It’s going downhill because of the application staying open.

2 Likes

I always thought this just had to do with datastore queues, making sure that your data gets saved before roblox closes.

Doors has a shop, they may be saving your data before you leave in case you bought anything ???

2 Likes

I’ve had this consistently happen to me for the past 2 months or so too. Been having to close the game out w/ task manager.

4 Likes

No it is every Roblox game including games with minimal to no datastores.

2 Likes

Still happening after months. When will it be fixed? I shouldn’t really need to boot up task manager every time I want to close ROBLOX…

6 Likes

Funny how it was supposedly fixed, but it still happens. What does it take for Roblox to fix their site? This problem has been occurring for ~3 months now, supposedly fixed exactly one 3 month of this post (1/27/2023). Do we really need to rely on third-party tools to fix the issues they supposedly “fix”?

Task Manager

Device Specs

System Type: x64-based PC

Ram

Physical Memory: 8GB (7.35GB)
Virtual Memory: 19.9GB

Storage (SSD)

SSD Size: 455.69GB
Available Storage: 67.66GB

Others

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU

When I close it, it moves to background processes, either not closed at all, or taking a while to close, resulting me into having to kill the process altogether. 2 processes for Roblox Game Client (32 bit). Killing the top process (one with 9.4% CPU) doesn’t do anything, but the other one does.

8 Likes

This is STILL an ongoing bug. This happens to me after every Roblox game I close. The audio goes away for around 1-2 minutes IF I haven’t manually ended the task via task manager. I don’t understand why Roblox has been so buggy for the past 2 months. I have never experienced this amount of bugs in studio/Roblox in a very very long time.
Very VERY frustrating.

8 Likes

This is a bug I’m also experiencing.

NVIDIA_Share_JFewBh8xDk

4 Likes

Doors!! Nice!

Joke aside, it’s been happening to me forever. Thought it was only me because of my laptop and not an actual PC.

3 Likes

You got hacked :skull: (I think, search it up but I think it’s gonna give you that answer)

1 Like