Roblox Studio continuously crashing while opening a certain place [Device removed (0x887a0006) & Unable to create DXGI swapchain 887a0005]

Hey, I have had this weird error in which Roblox Studio began to crash all of a sudden while launching a specific place.

Since yesterday, I have been trying to open a game that I usually build on but have had no luck whatsoever. Prior to this, there has been no error launching the game, however, since yesterday, it has been causing these weird errors.

Initial Error:
From what I know, it first started when I was ungrouping a model with a ton of parts and a Character inside. When I was ungrouping, I had come across this error (listed below) in which is says:

Second Error:
Alongside this, on my fifth or sixth attempt at relaunching the game, I gave it some time to load and I encountered another error which is, alongside the error above (both popped up at once):

So far, I have tried:

• Restarting my computer
  • Reinstalled Roblox Studio more than 2 times now alongside relaunching Studio multiple times

If there is any solution to the problem, please let me know, thanks for reading.

4 Likes

Despite everything, I have not yet been able to fix this issue at all, if anyone could help I’d gladly appreciate it!

Resetting the registry might solve this problem.

How might I be able to do that? Sorry, just a bit confused right now

This tutorial will explain on how to reset the registry: (Windows) How to reset Roblox without resetting your settings

Yeah I have tried almost everything it said but nothing is working, just reinstalled Roblox, nothing is working

I think you should reset your pc but make sure to save everything except for roblox as it might solve your problem.

Does opening the place on a different PC work? Also, does your place have any unions?

I have the same problem and I can’t fix it

bumping, not specifically with a place but whenever i open another studio or game of any type (not just roblox) it becomes extremely unstable and is a matter of seconds and/or minutes until it crashes with the same error.

Apologies for the bump, I have this issue too. Around the 4-5 hour mark of keeping a studio game open, the first error shown randomly pops up and crashes. It happens on all places, no matter the circumstances.

1 Like

bump, same issue here. i can still use studio whilst this error is open but its just annoying because if i close the error or press ok it closes studio.

1 Like

Same issue happening here, but it’s in normal Roblox, and not studio. Have you found a solution yet?

Another Bump, have been dealing with this issue for the past few months and it has gotten to the point where testing multiplayer has become nearly impossible.

I submitted the report to bug reports, and after 15 days it is finally in the bug reports section. Hopefully I get an answer, as this issue makes Roblox unusable.