Roblox Studio crashing on Production

Today QT5 rolled out to everyone on production under Beta testers and some people are reporting that their Studio crashes. This seems to be only happening on certain Windows 10 machines.

1. To get Studio up and running temporarily head to your Local Appdata. (%appdata%)
    2.Find the Roblox folder.
  2. Head to Versions.
  3. Click on the top folder, it will probably be named version-(insert random stuff here)
  4. Then find RobloxStudioBeta_V4.exe and open it

I promise the Studio team is working on a fix right now! QT5 is awesome and will open up new doors for future releases.

From there you will be able to use Roblox Studio just like usual. There might be bugs in that version but it works until the fix is rolled out. I’m sorry if this has inconvenienced everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day and happy building!

2 Likes

Hi there @ouohello,

Could you perhaps get a ROBLOX_STAFF tag next to your name ? :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum !

2 Likes

A patch was released this morning that should fix any issues anyone experienced.

1 Like

Can confirm. Let me know if anyone is still experiencing any problems with this!

What’s QT5? Quicktime 5?

Qt is how we handle a lot of our UI in Studio. We were using an older version of the software, which prevented us from doing a lot of the cool things we wanted to. It is not Quicktime.

O. Is there more info on this somewhere? I’m curious.

1 Like

Any more fix releases planned for the next couple of days? Just putting this here if the patch was already released. Proxy buttons in Ribbon Bar broken

Until then I’ll just use the trick from OP :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.