Roblox studio detected as trojan

Want to make this clear: Roblox Studio does not have a trojan/virus- most likely some change in the new version has some code that is triggering a false positive.

8 Likes

Same thing guys, had this too after update.

6 Likes

I’m also experiencing this virus whenever I launch the RobloxStudioLauncherBeta, but now for the question: Is this virus safe?

Or do we wait until staff sorts this out?

7 Likes

Same thing is happening to me now, same title, same details, unsure why this issue is effecting all of us but I’m getting the same Microsoft notifications and can’t even open Studio at this point to work on a project I have been assigned.

5 Likes

Personally, it would be smart to wait until a fix to this is called by staff. You never know what other viruses could possibly be in studio hiding in their code.

Also, when you open studio, the virus duplicates. So it isn’t super smart to just open studio and not worry about the virus, it is a “trojan horse” after all.

a fix to this is updating your computer, so i guess people weren’t kidding after all

7 Likes

To fix it easily go to security-actions-allow on device and it works

5 Likes

Yeah, this is still happening to me as well. I was just working and Studio mysteriously closed and now I keep getting the same message. I really hope they fix this soon…

5 Likes

Same here. Looks like Roblox added something that Windows doesn’t like.
Fixes should come soon (hopefully) as they’re loosing a lot of developers from that…

4 Likes

I would not use it until it is fixed even if there is a minor chance that it is a true positive. But each can risk it if they want.

6 Likes

I thought it was kind of bug, but when I reinstalled I knew that Roblox made something wrong.
I think the only option is wait. Ahh, why Roblox? Why didn’t you test it before release?

2 Likes

I’ve had studio open for the past few hours and nothing’s wrong.

(Byfron moment)
This is what happens when you try to introduce modern-ish technology into an ancient codebase. I think the codebase dates back to at least 2005, and possibly has some roots in 2004. This is like adding anti-cheat to Doom 3. Yeah.

5 Likes

Is the problem only for windows? It’s working perfectly fine for me and I’m Mac btw

3 Likes

same! my antivirus program immediately alerted me to the presence of a trojan when I tried to install or launch Studio. I’ve been dealing with this issue right now and everytime I install studio my anti-virus takes action

3 Likes

Seems like this is about to trigger millions of anti-viruses across the userbase… Could this be a mishap in the code or a legitimate virus that has snuck into the software? Who knows? Currently awaiting an official statement from roblox would be the best option.

4 Likes

Ight after some digging!

4 Likes

The age of the code they use has no affect on whether or not adding anti-cheat will detect it as a trojan lol

It’s obvious ROBLOX is doing either some real dubious stuff with their AC, or there’s functions being used that Windows doesn’t like.

4 Likes

so i shouldnt update studio right

3 Likes

I have no problems maybe it come from the normal virus program from windows I use another and have no problems (or my studio is not atomaticaly update as first (on zorin os ))

3 Likes

This is not correct. There was never any risk to users and there was never any dangerous code in the program.

This is a case of Windows Defender misreporting the respective Studio version as being dangerous. It has been resolved.

4 Likes