Roblox studio not letting me open specific .rbxl file

I tried to put this in studio bugs like Roblox Studio told me to but it won’t let me.

I am trying to open a .rbxl file that I’ve been working on for 3-4 months now that I absolutely can NOT lose, and today I got this message when trying to open it.

I have redownloaded studio, made a copy of the file and tried to open that, closed and opened studio, restarted my PC, tried to open it on another device (mac laptop) but nothing has worked.

Is my progress completely gone? I probably should’ve made backups or had reliable auto saves but my computer does not allow Roblox to make auto saves automatically for some reason.

can i see what the file looks like? Does it have that roblox studio icon?

are you sure that file isn’t corrupted?

How would I know whether it’s corrupted or not? I was working on it just the day before and all of a sudden it stopped letting me open it.

yeah it’s corrupted. a roblox file would never error like that. also found a similar topic My rbxl file isnt working, invalid xml. do you not have autosaves on?

As I stated in the topic, my computer is kinda glitched and whenever I download roblox studio it doesn’t allow autosaves to save so my autosaves folder is just empty but there.

do you have another device? you could try sending the file there and opening it on studio

As I, once again, stated in the topic, I tried that already.

Is all this work gone? Because I’d like to know if I can quit Roblox now. :slight_smile:

why don’t you try getting the autosaves folder to your other device??

As I stated probably for the second or third time, it says it in the topic, it doesn’t have autosaves and my autosave folder stays empty because of how my computer behaves.