Roblox Studio Optimized for M1 Chips

I use an M2 MacBook Air (Base Model), upgraded from the 2020 Intel MacBook Air, and studio works completely fine. I have never experienced any crashes, glitches or bugs (well I experienced one where it deleted 2+ hours of work for a game I’m working on). Studio runs very smoothly at 40-60fps even when Future Lighting is enabled or on the biggest experiences (no I mean, games) ever! I still think there should be a native version for M-Series chips because when M3 comes out in 2023-2025 and Roblox Studio is still not properly optimized for Apple Silicon, it could be a problem and lead to various bugs, glitches and crashes.

Apple Silicon processors are very powerful CPU’s, with their own powerful GPU built-in, and I think Roblox Client and Studio should be natively optimized for M-Series processors, which should have happened, like right after M1 was released in late 2020.

1 Like

Last year I upgraded my setup to a M1 Max Mac Studio and it just feels like Roblox Studio is the odd one out of all other apps that support M1 natively.

Native support would really increase my productivity.

3 Likes

I’ve spoken to an engineer and it is a priority. They internally have it targeted to release before the end of Q2 (June)!

14 Likes

Yeah… I doubt Roblox would optimize their applications for new technologies, as the codebase is said to be incredibly outdated.

Just like automatic FPS Unlocking probably won’t be a thing anytime soon, so would optimization for the M1.

1 Like

You might want to read the reply that’s right above yours… :rofl:

2 Likes

@Computer_squad156

nope you’re wrong because roblox is finally releasing a native build for Apple Silicon at the end of June! :rofl:

1 Like

Woah, that’s sick!! Didn’t know that was the case, massive Roblox W.

1 Like

Posting this update here for those still watching this post, Roblox is planning to start rolling out Apple Silicon build on the next release (582). It will be a gradual rollout to a certain % at initial launch with the plan for a full rollout with a DevForum post mid July.

9 Likes

What a relief. This is such amazing news to us apple silicon Mac users!

1 Like

Everyone, here you go:

You can now get the Apple Silicon version of both Roblox and Roblox Studio early before it’s officially released!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.