Roblox Studio Terrain Cursor Collision Broken

To start, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I don’t post topics often.

For the past few months, the Roblox Studio terrain cursor has been acting odd. It doesn’t actually collide with certain areas of the terrain. I would post a video for proof, but my computer is a potato, so here are a few images.

As you can see, it sometimes collides, and sometimes doesn’t. This happens with paint, grow, erode, add, and subtract. I would like this to be fix because this has made terrain use incredibly annoying.

In the edit tab of the terrain editor there’s these “pivot point” options which sort of set where on the terrain your cursor is. Is it possible that maybe you enabled one of the options accidentally?

Unfortunately not. It simply doesn’t collide and the only fix is to restart studio.

That’s weird. You have to restart studio to fix it? How long does it stay “fixed” for? Does it maybe glitch or lag?

I’ve noticed that it is more likely to happen when I use a brush size 42+. It’s mostly random though.

It’s probably due to rendering of the terrain so when creating terrain with a bigger size.Try to move your camera closer to the terrain itself.

@thekrakenfanlover322 @Enhanzationized No, it’s a bug that many others (including me) have experienced and it’s quite annoying. The OP hasn’t accidentally flipped any setting neither do they have to… move the camera closer?

They’ve (thankfully) everted the change as they found issues with it that shouldn’t’ve occurred. The terrain tools should work fine now, hopefully.

1 Like

I hope so. This is incredibly annoying to work with.

1 Like

I had the same issue, where the cursor (the blue circle) wouldn’t connect with the baseplate making it essentially useless. The blue cursor would hang out underneath the baseplate instead of connecting with it. I messed with top, center and bottom thinking that was the issue but none of them would change anything.