Roblox Studio UI Editing not working properly

Hello everyone,

I was having problems while editing my UIs in the studio environment. The problem is, whenever I try to drag any type of UI it sticks to the cursor without me clicking on it and whenever I select any type of UI object from the Explorer, the parent UI of the selected object sticks to the mouse again. This happens as soon as I move the cursor out of the Explorer and I have to press Escape key in order to prevent this from happening. Deselecting the UI doesn’t really deselects it in case the resize dots and aligning lines occasionally remains after deselecting.

Undo button works to revert the unwanted repositioning however it also undos any action that was done before any UI repositioning happened in such way.

This problem occurred in a way that I couldn’t catch, I was editing one of my games again and at the moment I headed to design a UI, I have encountered this problem.

Here is a video on how the problem occurs, but note that the cursor is not visible so I have to tell you what I was doing when such things were happening. I was just selecting that white bar from the Explorer and then moving my cursor out of the explorer, somewhere around the left-side of the recorded screen and then that white bar sticks to the cursor with a distance between them.

This wasn’t the case yesterday, I believe it is a problem with an update that may uploaded today.

Ignore the bruh moment, it was just a button that makes bruh sounds :rofl:
Note: I don’t own the decal it is a free asset that I got from the toolbox.

That should be all the information I got,
Thanks for everything.

1 Like

Alright, I found the solution and the cause by myself:

Cause:
If you select a GUI object from the explorer and then deselect it by clicking on an empty space in your screen, then deselecting happens in a buggy way.

Solution:
Just try to not click on an empty space to deselect, press the Escape key if you want to do so.
And if you somehow manage to bug it out, you have to restart the studio and that fixes the problem.

I’m going to leave this post here in case someone else has the same problem.

Just encountered this bug today.

This only happens in my one place. The place has team create enabled.
I tried copying all my Guis to a blank place and it does not happen. I tried copying to another place with team create enabled and it does not happen. It is just this one place.

I also disabling all my plugins and reinstalling studio, it still happens in this one place.

Even with a blank ScreenGui, inserting a Frame into it and hovering over the viewport still starts this offset dragging thing.

1 Like

Happens to me too. Really is a pain and happens in a team create.

I found the solution:

The problem is caused by the SignalBehavior = "Deferred" option in the workspace.
You have to set it to SignalBehavior = "Default" for some reason.
It has to be a bug of the new signal behavior system that is affecting the editing in the studio.

7 Likes

I got this too, all the movements of ui objects were negative for some reason, and Ackvat’s solution did not fix this.