Roblox to Trello Guide

Isn’t it possible to delete cards in-game?

3 Likes

There is nothing in the api that allows it, so doesn’t look like it’s possible, which is a bummer really

2 Likes

It is possible, but at the time this was created, there was no api for the delete request. I am currently unaware of whether the module will be updated to include all the other trello api requests, but if you wish to experiment and play around, you could perhaps learn a thing or two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How would I make a database a built scripted one that I. Found but can’t figure out

2 Likes

Would it be possible to get the comments from a Trello card?

EDIT: I manged to figure out how to get the comments from trello cards.

2 Likes

I’ve talked to nstrike over the last few months. He’s currently too busy to push updates.
In fact, he was working on a newer version, with literally everything the REST API has to offer, but the project was been halted ever since, and it’s been a few months.

I created an API with some advice from nstrike159. It has less features, but it uses the PUT and DELETE requests. In this one, it is possible to delete cards, lists, and boards.

I am currently working on labels, the API works on object oriented programming. Manipulating Trello objects is similar to manipulating any other instance in ROBLOX.
I tried using metamethods to make it exactly the same, but due to a Lua 5.1 limitation, it is impossible to yield across the metamethod boundary, which forced me to use methods/functions instead.

1 Like

Is it just for me? I’m having problem, after I get the key and I need to authorize it. I go to some link where I replace API-KEY with my key, and when I paste the url. It doesn’t work. App not found. Is the only text on screen. Thanks for help!

3 Likes

Trello should not be used in Roblox development beyond things like roadmaps and pipelines. If you’re using Trello as a database or logging tool, you’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

I disagree, Trello is a very powerful tool, and it should be used as such.

1 Like

And cost effective, also did you flag my response? That is the main @nstrike159 Trello API dev server, but: Trello allows users to do many things, including keeping track of data. Some people can’t afford a server, and api…

1 Like

Just because it allows you to do something does not mean it is good practice or that it is a reliable solution.

Trello provides user-facing task boards first and foremost. It is meant for managing tasks and task allocation. It is not meant to be used as a database for anything except task cards.

7 Likes

Yes, but that also gives the ability to store and read information. Isn’t it amazing? Also, it is very very reliable, I have never had an issue with trello with around 5 years of usage.

2 Likes

Using Trello as a database encourages poor development practises, not to mention it has poor security; making data loss much more likely and much harder to remedy; ESPECIALLY if your code EVER comes into contact with any third party code.

I’ve seen some of your work, you are more than capable of using proper tools like SQL. It being easier isn’t an excuse.

4 Likes

I do use MySQL, what I am trying to say is that nstrike is a free alternative than buying a server. Please explain this bad security, the security is only as good as the person who makes it. Security has nothing to do with data loss.

2 Likes

I keep getting this error, I wrote up my own scripts and this error popped up so I tried the example script and got the same error https://gyazo.com/00a7988548c181ffaea7799b2005792e, I thought it might be the token but I retried the process of obtaining a token several times already and I’m still getting the error.

Any help?

EDIT: Nevermind I was blind and didn’t notice that the API key was supposed to be assigned as a variable in the comment selection at the beginning of the module, works perfectly thanks a lot!

1 Like

Is there a way to check if a card exists?

2 Likes

Access rhe card by the name, it should error or return nil of its not found

1 Like

Yeah true, but when it errors the rest of the script doesn’t run which is a problem.

1 Like

Wrap it in a pcall function, if its sucessful, its sucessful, if it errors it wont hurt the script.

local success,err = pcall(function()
   -- Code here
end)

if success then
   -- Success code
else
   print('Card doesn’t exist.')
end
2 Likes

This will help in case if the system I’m currently using fails. Thank you!

1 Like