[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Filter is filtering everything

This is confirmed as having 100% impact. Please do not reply “me too”.

Started happening a few minutes ago…

! FILTER ASYNC IS NOT AFECTED BY THIS !

Self explanatory, happens in every game, rendered my game unplayable.

100% IMPACT - Most of Roblox is unusable at the moment, including many games.

Every single word is blocked or tagged, even the safest ones.
Which means the filter is blocking everything.

And everywhere a filter is, theres tags, so its 100% the filter we are talking about.

QUICK SUMMARY!

• Filter broke! Everything that goes through filter gets tagged!

• Rendered Roblox unusable for most of the part.

• Happens in game, in studio, on the website, everywhere.

Broken things:

• All games and their chats.

• Group shouts, group walls.

• Descriptions

• Search Bar

• Friend chats

If it doesn’t tag; it get’s blocked:

Interesting reports:

https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

60 Likes

Happening in Studio Toolbox and when you search for anything on the website. This is critical.

10 Likes

This has happened on the website, ingame (LT2), this has happened in studio and every way of communicating on ROBLOX. I can confirm this is critical as well as replicated.

Edit:

This random started to appear as me and my friend were chatting around 3-4 minutes ago.

Edit 2:

Downdetector has had 192 reports and has listed ROBLOX as one of their top outage sites.

https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

Edit 3:
The filter seems to have been a slight mishap but has been fixed.

6 Likes

23 posts were merged our for being non-content

Just a side note: it’s been established as having 100% impact. All these can confirm posts are spammy and will drown out useful information.

12 Likes

I can replicate this 100% of the time. This only started happening around 10 minutes ago and is site-wide. “Safe” terms are still filtered, for example I have tested with the following:

• Roblox
  • Hello
  • Hi
  • a

All filtered.

EDIT 1: I have tested and FilterAync is not affected.

EDIT2: Fixed?

5 Likes

My guess is that something went wrong with the FilterStringAsync from their end, because I can’t change item description either as the server check for vulgarities most likely have a bug that is returning everything as false, as shown below,

4 Likes

Please avoid saying can confirm as it is drowning out useful information for engineers looking on this topic

Engineers are likely aware they’ve done a big oopsies so how about we keep this topic helpful for them?

Thanks!

14 Likes

Can confirm, even the most safest words are filtered.

Ran a diagnosis on a random game of mine to check if it’s server-side or client-side issues. I am going to attempt extract the script if possible, because I believe it’s an endpoint issue. No errors reported.

Edit: It is absolutely confirmed to be an internal problem. If a server was suddenly experiencing filtering issues at one point, the issue is broad and internal through endpoints.

Browsed through the scripts, there are no obvious issues from this point.

Edit 2: Issue apparently solved itself silently?

7 Likes

The Platform Feedback category is not a chat room. I’ve merged out 25+ posts.

Please remember to use Likes if you have nothing new to add to a bug report, to keep the topic concise and easy to read for engineers.

31 Likes

Thank you for the report! Our engineers quickly found the cause of the issue and resolved it. This issue should no longer be occurring.

If a similar issue happens again in the future, please open a new bug report!

63 Likes