ROBLOXCRITICAL Roblox client crashes using TeleportService

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

In my game, Notoriety, as of last night, players have been reporting a bug where their game crashes when they push ‘play’ to enter the game (since the base game is a lobby). Instead of players being teleported, their client just crashes.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This bug happens based on my tests every time. Due to time constraints, I haven’t been able to test too much, but it may have to do with either

-TeleportService
-Reserved Servers
-CreatePlace API

since those are what I use in my game. When I get home from school today I try to narrow it down if this isn’t fixed by then.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

It might be level specific although I am not sure yet. I haven’t updated my game in a few weeks yet all of a sudden it no longer functions.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

This started happening around last night (2/15/17) (or at least that’s when I noticed it, considering my player count significantly dropped after this started happening).

Can confirm, this is happening on 2 of my games. Pretty sure this qualifies for the roblox critical tag:

Happens on my game too but not always, very rarely it still works.

Can you provide the placeIDs you are teleporting players between? It will help us look at crash logs.

Well, the start place (Notoriety) has this id: 21532277

But, the destination, as I stated in the original post, is generated through the CreatePlace API, and unfortunately, this part of the game page doesn’t show anything (which is probably a second bug I should post about later)

It just shows up as empty. Maybe another dev that doesn’t use CreatePlace can be more specific.

We are looking into a possible cause for the crash and will be turning off a feature soon to see if this resolves the issue.

We have turned this off. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

1 Like

Both of my games work now, tried about 10 times, no crash. Great! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.