Robloxs search system seems to not show my game

When I search for my game, it does not come up. I have scrolled through 300+ games when searching my games exact title and not seen my game. This is highly impacting my games performance as it used to(5-6 months ago) come up in searches, but now it will not.

Game link: [UPDATE] Fast Food Restaurant Tycoon [Beta] - Roblox

2 Likes

Can you show an exemple of this ? I think your game doesn’t show up because the name “Restaurant Tycoon” is common. The search system shows the games with the most visits first, so that’s why.

2 Likes

Games that are completely irrelevent come up but not my game. I’m not sure if this is a bug or just a bad search algorithm. If it is just because the name ‘Restaurant Tycoon’ is popular, how can I make the game come up on searches?

2 Likes

This is because the “games” got the tag “tycoon” in it i think. Try to put more tags i guess ?

Don’t worry, it’s not a bug, just a bad search algorithm.

2 Likes

Heres an example of how my game does not come up when I search for its exact name. Also my game has 9.7K visits.

My game does not seem to be in that entire list. Look at my games description and you’ll see I use a lot of keywords and tags.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of stuff going on with the algorithm right now, which myself can’t even explain. You can read more in this post

There’s a lot that Roblox takes in when it comes to search placement. It doesn’t have much to do with place visits. Roblox staff have previously confirmed that the highest ranking factor is the average amount spent per player (higher-earning games will be ranked higher up). Tags don’t do much, just like web search engines, and neither do visits.

Do you have any information on how I could get the game to appear more often? Unfortanately I don’t have much robux to advertise my game and unlikely I would be able to buy enough to afford an advertisement.

I think what you’d want to do is to build your game as you normally would — make it as fun and engaging as possible for players. Just like web SEO, overdoing it will just make it worse (too many keywords in an article will lower your rankings).

Unlike web search engines, artificial strategies won’t do you much good. Roblox will check your title and description for a few keywords, but the rankings themselves are based purely on engagement/money spent.

If your game is engaging, then people should keep playing/spending and you’ll eventually see it move up in rankings.

Unless you’re already a bigger dev, sponsoring or advertising your game is pretty much the only way to get it out there at the beginning. If you think your game has potential then I’d recommend investing in sponsored placements once it’s pretty well polished.

1 Like

Something similar happened to me, I think it was in August… My game dropped in ranking for the “Anime War Tycoon” search, competing with games that don’t even share the same name or theme.

Even though it’s the only game with that name, irrelevant results have started to appear in any type of game search, and it’s hurting Roblox.

It’s fine for me to compete with games with a similar name and theme, but some results are too irrelevant to the search.