Rojo UI - A Roblox-style explorer & properties view for Visual Studio Code

Not sure what would cause that. Best I can suggest is that you reinstall VSC and make sure you’re on Rojo 6.0.0rc1. Also check Rojo’s output for any additional information.

Yeah, after doing Muoshoob’s method. Everything worked perfectly for me.

I solved the problem, apparently you cannot use this with the rojo VSC extension, I changed to the binaries, and then this extension worked just fine, seems like the problem lies within the rojo VSC extension.

note to everyone experiencing the same issue, do not use the VSC extension if you’re planning on using this extension, it will not work.

Make sure you’ve set your release branch to 6.x in the Rojo VSC extension’s settings.

I was indeed using the 6.x release branch, if you feel like doing it, could you test this if it does indeed work on your end?

1 Like

You’re correct; I’ve reproduced the issue on my device. Rojo returns as usual (no error information, all checks pass), but does not open the file in VSC. I’ll contact evaera and see if it can’t be resolved quickly. For now, just use the CLI.

Created an issue on the Github repo with a bit of additional info for anyone that wants to check it out.

2 Likes

Extension updated to v0.0.3.

[0.0.3] - 2020-06-24

• Fixed random disconnects (hopefully)
  • Fixed live sync not working
  • Add extension icon

Now that it’s been just over a week since I released this, if anyone has any feature requests or has been experiencing any bugs, feel free to file an issue here. Make sure to label it accordingly.

Not a bug, but it seems that when clicking a module script in the explorer, it takes almost one full second to actually open up the script (or jump to the script tab if it already is open). Is this the case for everyone?

I don’t know if a full second is normal (it usually takes less than half that for me), but I cannot control how fast they open since Rojo handles file opening. Is your system or network under load?

Yeah, I had it open while testing and it does seem to slow down when under load. Nothing I can really do about that so it’s no big deal

Been using this plugin for the past two days, it’s really great! I have a couple issues that I posted on the GitHub page, namely disabled scripts not being greyed out, and having to manually type in the project name every time I want to connect Rojo UI (even though the Rojo project config file contains a project name field). Are you actively looking at issues on GitHub? Can we contribute to the project?

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Rojo UI - A Roblox-style explorer & properties view for Visual Studio Code:

Excited to use this!

Yes, I actively check issues, but I’m currently swamped with coursework. I’ll try to get to the features you requested as soon as possible, but feel free to contribute!

1 Like

Hey, I know this is old now, how do I get the Rojo view container to show, I don’t have it, i tried re installation

There should be an R at the bottom of the activity bar to the left. Click that and the explorer & properties panel will show. You can then click the + at the top of the explorer panel to connect to Rojo.

1 Like

This is so useful!!
Thank you for this amazing resource, huge cheers for the work you put up on this!

1 Like

I set Visual Code to default open lua files and set my plugin to 6.0.0r, but it’s still not able to open the scripts.

If the new typed Luau script analysis is opened for third party tooling upon release, this might actually make me switch to a VSC/Rojo workflow again; otherwise, it’s kinda hard to justify the switch for me. Looks really nice though!