Ropeconstraint in a tool makes my character fall

.Hello, I’m having a issue with ropeconstraints every time I equip the tool it glitches out my character and makes him fall
The Ropeconstraint and 1 attachment is in the handle of the tool

And the other attachment is in the MeshPart

Heres a video of what happens:

Is their any way I can fix it so it stops happening?
If any other info i needed please let me know, thanks!

2 Likes

I’d try one of the solutions below.

Solution 1:
Try to freeze the player [Anchor > HumanoidRootPart] when the tool is given/equipped. Then unfreeze [Unanchor > HumanoidRootPart] after 0.2 or more seconds.

Solution 2:
Try to CFrame the PrimaryPart of the player to the position when the tool is given/equipped.

Solution 3:
The RopeConstraint may also be too far away (short) from the Player, causing the player to fall, then to stand up closer to the Pump. So maybe create “Max distance to equip”, preventing the rope from being too short. Or just calculate the Pumps position to the Player’s PrimaryPart Position then add some extra distance to the rope and make the length of the rope to what was calculated, and give it to the player.

4 Likes

Not working tried all of them:
Solution 1: Gives me this after anchoring the Humanoidrootpart it for 2 seconds

Solution 2: Moving the primaryPart of the character also glitches still glitches the player out

Solution3: For all the videos I used an absurd amount of length too test

Appreciate the respond

2 Likes

[Try to disable the Collision on the tool before it is given to the Player]

If you don’t mind. You could reply the place (with the problem only) or send it to me, so I can try to solve this. It is completely fine if you don’t want to. I could then try to create this problem myself, then to solve it.

2 Likes

Sounds good will DM u it [30charsftw]

1 Like

This is yet another case of Attaching constraints trips and glitches out vehicles, humanoids and more , a bug report that I authored.

Have you fixed this yet? If yes, do you mind helping me? I’m having a lot of issues with this. Thanks in advance.