Rotating the torso and arms to where your camera is looking at

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m trying to make it so that your upper torso’s rotation is matched to where your camera is facing and also make it so the arms follow the upper torso’s rotation

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    The arms don’t follow the upper torso’s rotation and just hang down unlike the animator editor where they’ll follow the upper torso’s rotation which is what I thought they’d do

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I’ve tried messing around with the left and right shoulder orientations but they didn’t seem to do what I wanted them to do while the arms were being animated by an idle animation

local humanoidRootPart = playerCharacter:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
local upperTorso = playerCharacter:WaitForChild("UpperTorso")
local waist = upperTorso:WaitForChild("Waist")
local waistC0Y = waist.C0.Y

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	local camDirection = humanoidRootPart.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(currentCamera.CFrame).LookVector

waist.C0 = waist.C0:Lerp((CFrame.new(0,waistC0Y,0) * CFrame.Angles(camDirection.Y,0,0)),0.5 / 2)
end)

Found the solution to this, you need to use the transform property instead of the C0 property of the Motor6D.

New property: Motor6D.Transform - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.