r.Ubuntu - Command line for games

r.Ubuntu? What’s that?

r.Ubuntu is a loader for command lines in games, funnily enough, written in the Ubuntu font!

it has an easy way to add commands and stuff like that.

Ok, so why use r.Ubuntu?

Using this in consoles allows people to easily use commands, and switch from your custom commands or lua using ~r.ubuntu or ~lua in the command line, and it includes a replication of the output to see what happens! Note: to enable switch to lua, you need to enable loadstring in ServerScriptService, but this has a lot of security issues, if you are going to use it with lua, be very careful! You will need to comment out the lua code for this to be disabled.

How do I add commands?

It comes in a module which should by default have

local Ubuntu = {}

Ubuntu.Commands = {
	["co"] = function(sender, givenArgs)
		sender.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("UbuntuMainGui"):WaitForChild("Output").Text = ""
	end,
}

return Ubuntu

this little package should help show you what to do; sender - the person who executed the command : Player, givenArgs - arguments, [2] is the first argument given, [1] is the command : table
so, you can create a kill command:

local Ubuntu = {}

Ubuntu.Commands = {
	["co"] = function(sender, givenArgs)
		sender.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("UbuntuMainGui"):WaitForChild("Output").Text = ""
	end,

["kill"] = function(sender, givenArgs)
       local target = game.Players:FindFirstChild(givenArgs[2])
       if target then
          local char = target.Character or target.CharacterAdded:Wait()
          char:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):TakeDamage(char:WaitForChild("Humanoid").MaxHealth) -- Make sure we instantly kill it, not deal slight damage
       end
    end
}

return Ubuntu

Will this be updated?

I want to keep this section short, so, yes, it will including intellisense , and syntax colouring, but this will all come later.

What about V1PER?

I am still working on V1PER, and this is going to be used in V1PER

Where can I find it?

Here!

1 Like

This is nice, I’ve actually been working on an in-game version of StudioCLI as well.

1 Like

This sounds nice. Although just a small suggestion (not much you can ignore if you want). I would recommend changing the project name as it may confuse some people thinking its something to do with the Linux Ubuntu distribution.

1 Like

Wait.

Isn’t there something already like this?

What I’m implying is that why should we use your command line over the one I linked above?

2 Likes

Awesome! Is there any specific information you’d like me to add?

1 Like

Fun fact, did you know that you can check if loadstring Is enabled, but if it’s not you can bring vlua or some Lua interpreter instead of relying on loadstring

1 Like

That is a good question, I am still working on this and I really do not know the end result, so it doesn’t really matter what you use, it’s really your choice, but this might eventually get to a stage like Cmdr .

So, end result: Either, but cmdr has more features than mine at the moment.

Many thanks,
jasperagent, @jasperagent_dev

No, use it however you want, but if you want to you can add whatever