RunLSC - Run script(s) by selecting them and clicking a button

Great stuff, you should add a keybind so it’s just simply easier for future use. Nevermind, Roblox being Roblox never add this feature yet even though it’s been requested.

I wonder what is this for then:
https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Plugin#CreatePluginAction

1 Like

Progress on the natively compiling and running on the client:

This involved a full rewrite aswell

@commitblue Regarding sharing the method, see the following commit:

1 Like

Genius. I knew getfenv, _G all together had global functions before but genius.

Executor UI preview:

I’ll also provide a option to use the native script editor aswell (requires the new script document api) (similar to how BytExecutor uses the native script editor instead)

Hi, i have 3 questions:

1. Is it functional yet?
  2. Does it include Syntax Highlighting?
  3. Can it autocomplete?
  1. Minimally functional at this time of development (can run code and syntax highlighting)
  2. Yes, syntax highlighting using boatbomber’s Highlighter module
  3. No, I do not know how to make autocomplete for this unfortunately (would be nice if someone could tell me)

And as for using the native Studio script editor, yes it is planned, just needs some more work to handle.

1 Like

Integrating Studio’s script editor as the alternative editor: (still wip)

Settings ui: (very wip atm)
Yes, I’ve intentionally made it similar to the properties widget

As for the native script editor implementation, I’ve decided to seperate the executor widget into 2 different widgets, the Lua-based editor widget and a actions widget:

1.3 is now out:

Details (copied from the release at GitHub)

Full Changelog: 1.2...1.3
Changes:

• Complete plugin rewrite
  • All (edit, server, client) contexts support running source natively (aka using Studio’s native Luau compiler and interpreter) (there is still a option in settings to still only use Yueliang and FiOne, keep in mind nearly no support will be provided for this and client still uses native compiler and interpreter at the moment regardless of that setting)
  • A settings ui for managing various settings
  • An executor UI, you can use either the native script editor (default) or the Luau-based editor, editor method is changeable via settings. Also supports running in edit, server, and client contexts

Known bugs:

• Line marking on the executor’s Luau-based editor is broken
  • Client context does not support running source via FiOne and Yueliang (native only)
  • The settings ui setting field name can overlap, workaround is to widen the window to see the whole text at the moment (still looking for solutions for this issue)
  • Missing unlock settings lock button

Hi! I am once again asking if it includes autocomplete?

If it doesn’t. You can use your Syntax Highlighter (which is made by boatbomber) find the line where the cursor is at (by tweaking the module) get the text bounds of the current line and add frame with prompts.

I’ll try, but if you really want a complete IDE I suggest you to use the native ide option instead, it uses Studio’s IDE and of course it’s feature complete

Is there a library link? How do you install the plugin?

Thanks

Get the latest release at Releases · RealEthanPlayzDev/RunLSC · GitHub, download the rbxm at the assets:

Put this rbxm at your Plugins folder (%localappdata%\Roblox\Plugins, create the Plugins folder if it doesn’t exist)

1 Like

I notice that when I do a change in some module script and require this module in a script and run this script using RunLSC, the latest changes are not taken into account.
It seems like RunLSC is caching some previous versions of the code.
Is there some way to make RunLSC work always with the latest version of the code?
Thanks

Have you pressed the Reload button from the script tab when you focused on the module script’s editor window? Lua (and Luau) internally caches required module’s return value into the registry index, so you have to press that Reload button to remove the module from the registry index cache

1 Like

Thanks, I had to modify the module script again, so the Reload button becomes active, but after the Reload - the script executed the correct version of the module script.

One more question
Do you know why I see the RunLSC widgets as white on white background (basically invisible unless I put my mouse over them)?

Ah, that’s because RunLSC isn’t light mode compliant yet, sorry about that (Roblox also doesn’t support manually setting the image color for plugin buttons so I’d need to reupload the icon assets again)