Running code on the GPU

Does anyone know if there is a way to make my code run on the GPU for performance reasons?

I am looking to increase performance.

I cannot find any resources relating to running code on the GPU.

I am trying to create my own waves, and I think running my code on the GPU will increase frames. I cannot find any resources saying that I can or cannot run code on the GPU.

If anyone knows any information about running code on the GPU, please provide information! Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhhh… I guess no one still figured it out how to make this… It’s roblox engine problem i guess

I dont think you can, mostly because of how unoptimized roblox’s game engine actually is.

I don’t think you’ve seen this post

I am asking about code that is executed on the GPU…

Obviously this isn’t possible and I gave you an alternative to something that was release as a beta feature not too long ago, which will help with precisely what your trying to achieve…

Cannot be done in Roblox LUA. Cuda requires the ability to load machine code into the GPU memory core so it can be executed. So basically, you need to have hardware access through the device driver to pull this off with a C/C++ compiler. Roblox isn’t going to give us that kind of access to a user’s machine regardless of performance issues.

1 Like

huh, I guess that is for the better. I optimized my code making it go from 30 fps to 60 anyways. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.