Satchel // Open-source modern backpack system

Hey, I was able to identify the issue with the controller buttons not properly binding and found a fix.

Attached is your place file with the 1.3.0-rc (release candidate) of Satchel. This version should be stable enough to use in production for your experiences.

If any other issues occur in the release candidate version of Satchel, please notify me.

Satchel.rbxmx.rbxl (110.2 KB)

1 Like

OK thanks you for your help, i really appreciated you :white_check_mark:

:star_struck:

Well this is a community resource, which means everybody should be able to use it, and if something doesn’t work, people should use the most updated version of the resource.

1 Like

Just want to let you know that this issue is happening in the playground!

Roblox didn’t rollout the new topbar for you yet, that’s why it look like that.

1 Like

The Satchel Playground features experimental builds of Satchel and should NOT be used.

The topbar issue you are seeing is expected as the playground is currently running a build of Satchel with the chrome-topbar which is designed for the new updated experience controls (internally referred to as the chrome menu).

Due to you not having the chrome menu yet the chrome topbar, which Satchel uses, doesn’t properly align with the current legacy topbar you have.

What it’s supposed to look like:

Read more about the chrome menu/updated experience controls:

Great resource!

I have modified it to use viewportframes to load the module and make it spin for my game

4 Likes

Thank you so much, you saved me <3

Can I ask a feature for hovering effect on equip and unequipped hotbar?

Yes, you may ask. make sure to ask please at the end . cool

Satchel already has a hover effect for hovering over tools and clicking them. If you haven’t already you can test it out at Satchel Playground.

Sorry what I mean is hover on equipped or hover on unequipped. Btw I haven’t say this. This looks so good! Thank you for making this resources.

Also is it okay if I replaced the BindableEvent with Signal?

You could. No guarantees as I’ve never tried it before but let me know how it goes.

Ah it works normal. Btw for Search Box Placeholder, if I use TextStrokeTransparency = 1, the placeholder doesn’t work, do you know why?

EDIT: nevermind, in the searchBox.TextTransparency it also uses TEXT_STROKE_TRANSPARENCY

1 Like

This seems like a bug. TextTransparency shouldn’t be binded to TextStrokeTransparency. I’ll look into a fix it later, seems like a simple fix.

Haven’t found a fix yet, but I believe it is an issue with Satchel, our game Neighbors has been having the issue where clicking on a number (1-0) on the keyboard to equip a tool sometimes does not work unless a player types something into the roblox chat or rejoins the game.

Note:
Clicking on a tool in the hotbar with your mouse works while it doesn’t with the keys.

I believe this might be an issue with how Satchel handled dynamic inputs and it not initializing correctly for each platform.

Can you try this version of Satchel and seeing if that solves it?

Satchel-1.3.0-rc2.lua (68.5 KB)

Let me of any more issues you have or bugs.

I’ll implement this version but I can’t tell you for certain if it will fix it until we get player feedback since it is an uncommon occurrence

I love this a lot and I actually got it. I just have one question, is there a way you can make a limited inventory. What I mean is, normally the inventory slots are 9 which is default, but I want it to be 5 instead of 9 in my Roblox game. Do you know how I can do that?