Saving "Objects" and "Parts" into Datastores

Saving Objects into Datastores

Hey everyone, I’m working on a game where you have to load your Plot or Objects that you have built, I need to be able to save the Player’s Plot into Datastores and be able to load it back once he rejoins, so its basically like Bloxburg. If you know how can help me please reply down below, thank you.

So here’s how what i have,
Down below, an image that shows where all the Blocks folder is situated, basically when a player chooses a location on his plot it will clone the chosen block from this folder.

So what happens is when the Block is cloned the Block is transferred to Workspace so basically, all the cloned blocks will be moved into Workspace.

What I’m trying to do is find the Player’s blocks and basically save them into Datastores so he can load them back easily when he rejoins.

Again, if you know how can help me please reply down below, thank you .

Capture

there is no way of saving instances but u can save their data
like size,color,position,orientation

Well, people would usually use serialization to save objects since we cant save instances in Datastores.
Here’s a post about it:

It’s just saving the objects properties.

hm true but i looked at all these and it still didn’t work for some reason

I think someone needs an object datastore plugin where you can easily save it I have looked at that same tutorial post many times for months with little understanding

1 Like

Just learn how to use datastore or datasore2 and you will be able to save Values which will reproduce your parts

1 Like