Screen Tearing on PC

Maybe it’s just your monitor?

That might be possible, but I’m not convinced it is as it seems to be exactly what people reported 9 months ago. I don’t have screen tearing issues at all with other games that have v-sync.

Used to happen for me on old Dell, does not occur with my new Skytech PC when I fullscreen, my monitors stayed the same (except I use a TV now), so the cause of this doesn’t seem obvious.

In my old laptop (i7 7700HQ + 1050 Ti) I saw that Roblox splits the usage to integrated Intel HD 630 and Nvidia GPU. If you all have a laptop, maybe that can be a problem.

I can confirm that a laptop is not the issue, I had this on my old PC (GeForce GTX 745Ti [Reminds me how old this bug is]), it occured just on Roblox and not in any other game. I assume it’s something regarding GeForce support.

Maybe it’s something with DirectX for Roblox because people are saying that they are having this with Nvidia cards (and one of them said an AMD GPU but their CPU was AMD too and Apple doesn’t use AMD CPUs) and Apple products don’t use Nvidia (DirectX is a Microsoft, in this case Windows, feature as you probably know).

I had a lag problem on Studio; after playtesting for the first time, Studio would be extremely laggy. I fixed that issue by changing the graphics library from Direct3D11 to Vulkan. However, that change brought the issue you all have been complaining about: Tearing.

Screen tearing is a decent trade-off for an un-laggy studio, but it would be nice to get rid of that also.

I’ve been experiencing tearing on both games and Studio for months on my laptop, but almost never on my desktop. It actually lead me to stop playing Roblox altogether and dump game testing on others.

I fixed the issue partially by unlocking the framerate. The tearing is still present, but much less headache inducing than before.

2 Likes

Screen tearing can occur when the GPU and monitor are out of sync. If you don’t have a GSync or Freesync display to account for it, tearing is quite common in 3d applications. Nothing Roblox can do about it.
EDIT: To clarify, Roblox can’t really do anything about it because they already lock the framerate to 60 fps

Except cyberpunk. Nothing can. A 3090 cranked gets dips down to 17 FPS :joy:

Hopefully a 3090 Ti won’t be a frying pan when playing Cyberpunk…

1 Like