Script executor plugin [Version 2.2]

Like in the command bar where you can scroll through the recently used commands used.

1 Like

Have you ever gone into a tool shop, asked for a screwdriver, and expected it to be free?

You could screw that screw in with your bare hands, or simplify the process completely.

2 Likes

Yet these tools have taken hours upon hours to create. There’s no incentive to make a plugin if you’re not earning money from it, which’ll not only lower the quality of the plugin marketplace but also decrease its size.

A child wouldn’t even know what a plugin is.

1 Like

Your last sentence is completely wrong, my 9 year old brother which is very interested in roblox developing already knows a lot of stuff about roblox studio, scripting and developing in general.

2 Likes

I know this is subjective and all, but it seems better to charge it for around 50-300 Robux considering that these people put lots of time and effort in creating plugins that change Roblox development.

1 Like

You hard worked on a plugin, for what cost? you will say this to yourself?

2 Likes

I remember just starting to make games and seeing mostly all plugins being paid my work was really slowed down. That’s why I made this plugin free.

1 Like

I will be doing an another full revamp to make the UI look more fresh, more functionality and better performance.

1 Like

Since they’re that smart they would be earning Robux somehow and would be able to afford a 40-cent plugin.

2 Likes

Not really the case, it is very hard to earn robux in roblox. Reason 1 being if you make a game it is hard to make it pop off. Reason 2 its hard to get a job without a portfolio.

Completely wrong. Having a premium player play your game for even 10 minutes will give you a considerable amount of robux.

Since your 9 year old is so smart and advanced, wouldnt he be able to make a game “pop off”?

Then make a portfolio? :joy:

Response

Having a premium player play your game for even 10 minutes will give you a considerable amount of robux.

Do I need to explain how rudimentary this statement is?
It’s not as easy said as it is done, dragging a premium player to sit in your game is quiet difficult, it’s as if your attitude to this is just; “Oh yeah, since your a developer you can afford X, Y. And if you cant? Well that really does suck. You must be a bad developer.”

Since your 9 year old is so smart and advanced, wouldn’t he be able to make a game “pop off”?

I mean, I would like to say I’ve made a few unique and awesome games, I personally would love to see that player count raise up to 2-3 players.

But to then say it’s down to that person and their lack of smartness, or knowledgeability surrounding analytics, player base, advertisement and so fourth. It’s immature.

Then make a portfolio? :joy:

I agree, however making a portfolio is also not as easy said than it is done. You first need to create these games which need to “pop-off”, though they wont, or work on other peoples games for free because people wont hire developers who have a limited mindset in said field.

As to why I believe plugins to not cost much, if anything

Overview

A lot of this post has been focused around my opinion, which I think is neglection of both this post and care of others views, now I believe plugins, we’ll use the above as an example; shouldn’t be cost much, if anything;

This is simply because the plugin we are speaking about replicates the same functionality studio has, it executes scripts in a plugin environment, which is semi-unbelievable why you would sell something as to it’s a built in feature for studio.

The Plugin

I believe the InCommand plugin I mentioned is also quite a simple thing to replicate, as it’s close to just calling loadstring in sessions dedicated to executing code.

If this deems to cost robux, be it less than a US Dollar, then I dont know why you would pay for such plugin; I did and I did because I initially thought it would be useful, but it sums to be more impractical than useful.

Instead, I actually just create a script and write my code in the script; Allowing me to get the full features of studio’s IDE over the psuedo textbox generated with this plugin, from here I simply just copy-paste that script into the command bar… And magic.

Now, I’m not saying the plugin is bad, but what you are paying for is essentially a good interface. And I believe that’s alright, if that was admitted. But it’s not, which leads people into thinking any plugin is good enough to be sold, at which it’s not.

However, this all comes down to my context and my previous years of experience and development when it comes to programming; I may find this easy while others find it difficult. So in the sense that there are plugins built to make things like rendering, lighting, manipulating the game scene, yes I believe they are worth what they sell themselves at, but I believe they should be accurately priced as well; But thats up to the developer.

Now, back to the point

Can we for the sake of this post stop replying to my comments, if you have anything of means to say, feel free to say it in my PM’s, correct me on my opinion even; But don’t waste a resource’s page like.

If you have nothing to say about @LambHubGoBrrrrr 's plugin, then kindly just don’t respond.

Thanks ~Matrix.

1 Like

I know your struggle
here is my solution

What about the execute script button in studio?

Well you can edit your post when you are on your PC.

Uuuh there is a showcase?.. Also why did you respond lol its been 1 month

1 Like

I don’t know :rofl:

I viewed your profile and seen this topic

1 Like

Update 2.2
Fixed a bug where scripts werent loading correctly

What do I add im bored + out of ideas

Hello, I have recently moved accounts on the devforum and now im using my main. For support please mention this account.