Script Performance

I am wanting to know how to script better and easier but also the best game performance. I want to know which is better, doing a RemoteEvent or make a StringValue change and have a script detect change?

RemoteEvents are harder, making you have to make an event then firing the event then receiving the event

StringValue are easier, making you have to change the value and then detect event the value is changed

I know StringValue way is the simplest and easiest way of doing this but which is better for performance (overall)?

If StringValue is the best over all, would it be better to use IntValue or NumberValue or ObjectValue instead?

Depends on the situation

In most situation or in a game that is heavy on them, just overall

I’m assuming you mean you’re checking from the client. Listening to a value object’s Changed event and a RemoteEvent’s OnClientEvent are identical in terms of performance and network send. If it’s something really simple (a single string or number), use a value object to avoid overcomplicating things.

See this post for more information about what you should or should not do:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.