Scripting Basics - Beginner guide to lua and Roblox

I haven’t updated this in quite a while, and, I decided to come back to it and fix some issues. I fixed a few places where wording was misleading, and fixed a few typos, as well as making things a bit easier to understand.

I’m going to update it more in the future, and try to shorten some of its longer parts down, so its easier to read. I might expand this to include info about Roblox Studio as well. :smile:

You can find an original version of the article here: (Original 2019 article) Scripting Basics - Beginner guide for scripting on Roblox

4 Likes

Hi I know this is extremely late but thank you I think I can use this because I don’t know how to script, not to mention I also became member a few weeks ago so this helps a lot

2 Likes

This honestly seems like a great guide, even though I haven’t quite read it all but it seem pretty simple to follow! I can watch a podcast while reading this and I can also learn at the same time.

1 Like

Hey so I still can’t create posts on the forum yet and i dont know where to go for help.
I am new to scripting and I have this scipt (below) that basically is just a round system that chooses a map to teleport players too but I am not sure how to make it so it teleports all players to the same map. Any Help is appreciated thank you.

VL script

1 Like