Scripting Scaling Problem

hello!
I want to Resize a big part with small parts parented to it with scripting, but there is a problem
this is what it looks like:
https://gyazo.com/2d6bfb83abb594d88475e348de8e14a8

this is what it should look like:
https://gyazo.com/01439f1b5d1646051787d0921537fa97

only the parent gets sized with scripting, but with normal studio tools every part is sized with its relative position(which I want), thanks!

1 Like

Maybe the error comes from the fact you parented the small parts to another part? Try parenting all the parts to a model instead.

Parenting it to a model is still the same. just wanna find a way when the parts are smaller it changes it position to where it should be

I found this on the dev forum. Maybe it can help Is this the best way to scale a model? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

I don’t think it’s possible by just changing a part’s size, you would need to do some math and loop through the children scaling each one (basically what they tried to do in the link above). You can also use model:ScaleTo() but this feature is still in beta so it won’t work outside studio for now

1 Like

Question, there is only one object {Not a model}? If yes, then I don’t know what the problem is. If not, then the server thinks it’s a single object, Try only the Part you want to reduce should work

that is what I did(only rescales but doesn’t change position), the Link above DID work but the position and the rotation were off by a little bit, thanks for the help though!

it is either a model with parts inside of it, or a model with a part and small parts are parented to that part(they’re the same), and I want to change the size of all the parts and make them smaller

I know it is kinda late but: I found This Module , it is called Model Rescaler its pretty gud, try it out. thanks for trying to help :smiley:

Roblox actually released ScaleTo and GetScale you don’t have to use the module
If you enable this feature in the beta features, you don’t have to worry about getting an error.

its out of beta? when I tried it it didn’t work when I tested in Roblox itself not Roblox studio

yeah you have to enable that in beta

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.