Scripts works perfectly in Studio and testing mode but not in game

This issue does occur with and without experimental mode (filtering enabled).
I’m working on discord webhooks and it works like a dream in studio and testing mode, but once I go in the game I get these errors

Does anyone know about any solutions? (it’s not a bug report only asking for solutions)

Discord blocked the Roblox servers from accessing their API. You will have to use a 3rd-party service to redirect your requests from the Roblox servers.

4 Likes

Sidenote: Discord technically never mentioned developers using it’s webhooks as an IRC solution. Don’t know where you got that. The Roblox server user agent was blocked because 88% of API calls were returning errors. As HttpService doesn’t return headers, which contain vital error data, this was found not to be in compliance with the Discord ToS.

1 Like

Here’s a workaround I made for this exact issue:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-discord-webhook-proxy-server/98825
3 Likes

It works in Studio because it sends HTTP requests with a different useragent than from Roblox Player. Studio’s useragent isn’t blocked by Discord.
Anyways, why are you trying to use webhooks? For analytics you shouldn’t be using discord anyways, there are many other good solutions out there.

Problem solved! (thank you @Osyris)

Could you post that guide in tutorials? I’m a new member, so I don’t have access to that section.

(here’s a Screenshot of the thread, I got the Screenshot from the respective author)

1 Like