Seamless Teleportation

So i had an idea for a game where,
you have 3 rooms, the hallway, the main room, and the second hallway.
lets say you go from the hallway to the main room.
but, once you exit the main room from where you entered, you go into the second hallway.
i dont know if that made sense, but i was watching Roblox Hack Week 2019, and i saw this-

at 0:07

can anyone tell me how do we achieve seamless teleportation or, do the idea im thinking of?

1 Like

The seamless teleportation feature is a feature that makes the teleport between games in a universe look seamless. This feature currently isn’t available to developers because it was made during the hack week at Roblox but sometimes hack week projects do become real features, don’t get your hopes up though.

There currently isn’t any way to make seamless teleports between places. I would suggest you make a feature request in #platform-feedback:engine-features explaining your use cases and why you want a a feature like the one shown in the video.

I personally really want a seamless teleportation feature because I can think of many awesome use cases.

If you are interested here is a thread going into more detail about this feature:

6 Likes

I think the hack week was more of a showcase rather than actualy features you can use irght now. But I am not sure, sorry

2 Likes

thanks so much for the reply! but do you think there’s any way i could do it from separate ways?

As I said in my previous post, there is currently no way to make seamless teleports between places in a universe. You will have to wait for Roblox to add a feature like this to be able to do seamless teleports between places.

I suggest you make a feature request in #platform-feedback:engine-features explaining why you want a feature like this and most importantly what use cases you have.

2 Likes

i heard a new update would come at around july 22nd, is that just the future is bright update? or will it come with other updates aswell?

this is actually kinda off topic so idk why im asking this

1 Like

No idea :man_shrugging:. I’m not sure if Roblox are even going to add the seamless teleport feature because it was only a hack week project. The only people that will know what updates are planned and the scheduled release dates would be Roblox themselves.

1 Like

sure, anyways, thanks for all the help!
and uhh, i dont think we need to take this discussion further so imma stop here.

1 Like

The hack week project I worked on allowed you to teleport players between servers while keeping their local game-state intact. This meant you could seamlessly teleport between places or have a scripted loading screen. I’m not quite sure if that’s what you want here, but maybe it is.

Viewport frames are one way to achieve similar effects. You can take the current scene and ‘freeze’ it inside a viewport frame. Then teleport the player to the new place with SetTeleportGui, position them accordingly and fade out the viewport frame. This should appear mostly seamless.

13 Likes