See What's Coming in 2018: This Year's Developer Roadmap

This just popped up in my settings menu

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Edit: It seems that no one else I’ve talked to has gotten this yet, and the icons don’t seem to have changed (which I assume they will once this feature is done, the icons currently used look terrible with a dark theme). I don’t suppose I’m supposed to have this setting yet?

2 Likes

Would this CollisionFidelity include LOD distance? Most games like R6Siege and Fortnite do this and letting a player choose would be nice.

1 Like

Can confirm I don’t have it with the latest build of Studio

Edit: Can you post screenshots of what it looks like currently? I’d highly appreciate it

2 Likes

@TheDreamDealer got his hands on it. I haven’t been in studio in a couple days so I never checked:

3 Likes

my eyes are already relaxed from looking at that.

6 Likes

Its not official out just letting you all know, you can see how I enabled it here: (The FFlag)

Note: I believe its still a WIP, but so far I have not ran into any problems personally.

2 Likes

Yeah I think clone tweeted something about them working on new dark theme icons. Those don’t seem to be implemented yet.

3 Likes

Only thing I know about those are the old images had white outlining, but that is being fixed as far as I know.

1 Like

I must have missed this info when I wrote my original reply. This eases my concerns by quite a bit. We’ve ensured that our assets are as preformant as possible with the current system, so there shouldn’t be much of a problem disabling LOD. I’m assuming this property will be client localized, which will allow me to add a player setting to enable LOD if performance does become a problem. My bases are totally covered by that, so I’m no longer worried.

1 Like

Just got the Roblox Dark Theme - I now feel disoriented…
Hahaha it’s great though thanks!

1 Like

Quarter 3? Ha, yeah right. Maybe we’ll get these in a couple years if we’re lucky. And why isn’t panorama UI on the roadmap??

1 Like

I cannot wait, :smiley: This is just what I need in my upcoming projects. Way to go Roblox!

3 Likes

I wonder if we’ll get a glimpse at some of these features and more at RDC?

3 Likes

How bout a bring-back/revamp of genres :sob:

8 Likes

Tags would be cool, I guess? Not really sure how useful they have proven to be elsewhere (off Roblox).

1 Like

Why break it? Is there a specific reason that it doesn’t just get deprecated?

1 Like

It’s not meant to be a proper API member in the first place, it’s a hack that you probably shouldn’t even use right now. The new one will expose more information than just being an enumerator, i.e. it will tell you the color scheme of the theme so you can adjust any future theme too by reacting to color values rather than an enumerator value.

1 Like

If plugin developers are hardcoding “if dark them then” checks into their plugins, it means that if we tweak the dark theme colors those plugins will no longer fit in. It also means if we introduce additional themes or even custom themes, those plugins will not be compatible.

9 Likes

Does this mean it’ll be possible to have Fallout 3 styled bullet holes? :thinking:

I also certainly hope the CSG triangle limit will be increased at some point.

7 Likes

At first I was like, “Oh. Updates. Yay?” cause I don’t do too much on Roblox anymore, but then I saw this:

I’m coming back bois.

16 Likes