Select tool selects wrong part due to CanQuery

Reproduction Steps

You can reproduce this bug by doing the following:

• open a blank baseplate and add in two parts
  • set one part’s CanQuery property to false
  • position the CanQuery false part behind the other part
  • try selecting the CanQuery true part while having the the CanQuery false part directly behind it
  • you should notice that you cannot select the CanQuery true part and it selects the other part instead

I’ve created a reproduction file which should make it easy to understand what’s wrong:

CanQuery Selection Bug Reproduction.rbxl (41.2 KB)

Expected Behavior

Instead of selecting the CanQuery false part, the select tool should be selecting the part in front that has CanQuery set to true.

Actual Behavior

When attempting to select the part that has CanQuery set to true, it selects the one behind that has CanQuery set to false. In the demonstration below, you can see that the selection tool is selecting the parts with CanQuery set to false despite having parts in front. The bug itself is only demonstrated in the first two examples. The rest of the examples in the demonstration is the expected behavior.

selection-isssue

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-05-14 15:05:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-05-16 00:05:00 (-07:00)

5 Likes

This bug is a huge nuisance to my workflow when working with large scenes that have tons of parts with CanQuery set to false. It only started happening this past week, so I’m assuming something was changed with the select tool recently.

EDIT: It seems that this bug report’s solution could be potentially related since this issue began around the same time this other bug report was solved.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, it is indeed caused by that last fix.

I’ll continue posting updates in that thread:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.