Sending reliable server-side data through teleport service

Hey, for my game, I would like to send data when creating a server through teleport service (gamemode, map, etc) and have a reliable response on the next game. The only thing I’ve seen relating to this only refers to client-side data which is VERY insecure. If anyone knows a good way to do this please let me know.

You can use HTTPService to send data to a webhook and send it to the new server. This is to my knowledge the only way to send server side data to another server. TeleportService can only teleport client-side data. Correct me if Im wrong.

You could send it as client-side data, and use a RemoteEvent to transfer it to server-side data once in the new server, maybe…

Do you know a way to do this with reserving servers?

Worst-case scenario, I could fire all clients and verify which are valid.

Also, how exactly would you go about getting data back? I’ve heard of sending it, but never getting it back. Not with HTTP Service at least.

I dont really have that much knowledge on TeleportService in general so you could read this forum post I found:

Will look into it later tonight and will get back to you if it works.

Thanks

1 Like
2 Likes

I had the same issue before and it was solved by colbert be sure to credit him not me lol. Hope it helps.

1 Like