Separate Remote Event for Each Client?

I remember someone said that giving each player their own remote event would cause less latency. I want to use this in my new game, but before I do, I just want to know if it will really make a difference.

This will not make a difference. Having your remote events in ReplicatedStorage is fine, as all clients will see the event the same way, just as if the event were in the starter pack. Plus, it’s easier for organization to have them in ReplicatedStorage.

1 Like

I don’t see any problem with separate remotes. This could work and does not make any difference.

The only difference is organization as previously mentioned by @ScottyMcPiper. I usually favor the practice of placing remotes inside the ReplicatedStorage. Follow up by writing the scripts with game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"), and from there, get the remote(s) you want to use to fire and receive signals from.

Doesn’t seem like that’s what he was asking. As for having separate events per player I doubt you’d see any measurable difference. Unless the exhaust queue is not global there will be no difference. If it is, it would be extremely slight at best, unless you’re actually over the limit. Unless having separate events makes the structure more clear in your game, I don’t think it would help, if anything it would make it messier.

A thread was made about this issue before, have you taken a look at it?

Separate remotes does have a performance difference, however you should be careful if you decide to take that approach. It can lead to spaghetti code and bad habits. Having remotes set up in ReplicatedStorage is maintainable and if you handle your code right, you can also prevent various issues such as performance hits and request throttling.

1 Like