Server constantly crashing and very high server memory

If you’re connecting to RenderStepped, that code runs before a frame is rendered. Connecting expensive functions to RenderStepped can block threads, so it’s typically only recommended to use RenderStepped for camera updates.

You’re better off using Heartbeat.

1 Like

Oh thanks, I didn’t know that. I only have RenderStepped running on the client and its not for anything big. So I am not sure if that is the cause either. I’ll convert them over to heartbeat anyway.

I remember from the last time Ilum had a memory leak, it was because one of the developers accidentally made a mistake while adding a new crystal to the game.

Another issue was a cape remote constantly being fired every 1-2 seconds, iirc it leaked up to 3gb of memory. Have these been ruled out yet?

None of the scripts from Ilum 1 are in Ilum 2. The most constant remote that is fired would be the lightsabers. As the developer who made them have it that a RemoteEvent is fired whenever you swing/do an action. But the memory increase is really quick, so I don’t think it is caused by that as that would be gradual.

1 Like

Maybe You Can Try Do A Loading Screen And Load Each Part like to add wait() for each Part.
Before Its Loading The Part its wait some seconds and then its load the next part for all the map
But Its Can Take Somtimes Depends On Your Map. :smiley:

1 Like