Servers crashing without cause

Reproduction Steps

The game: [3x Drops] Sea Piece - Roblox

System Information: Unnecessary

Replication Steps:

When bosses respawn, apparently, at random, inconsistent times, the servers crash.

Servers crash absolutely randomly. Everyone in the game sees “Lost connection to the server”. Memory is fine in game as the average is around 900.

Expected Behavior

Servers shouldnt ever crash unexpectedly. This is a new issue that seems to happen at random.

Actual Behavior

Servers crash at random.

Videos from players:

2022-09-11 21-21-53

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-11 00:09:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-09-13 00:09:00 (-05:00)

5 Likes

this just looks like your wifi is spiking, or lagging out. Open performance stats in settings and see what your ping is.

Im the developer, these are reports from my players. I’ve also experienced the crashes first hand. The whole server sees the message “Lost connection to server” and gets kicked. I’ve heard other games experience these issues as well, but those could be tied to memory overload or other underlying issues.

sounds like a remote event spam issue then

No remotes are being spammed at all

Got the same issue, made a thread here. Do your servers also crash around the same age?

Not always, although the servers crash most frequently around the 40-60 minute mark.

Hi, Thanks for reporting this. We are looking into this issue and get back to you soon.

4 Likes

Any updates on this issue sir?

It’s been over two months since your last post and the issue seems to be very detrimental and urgent.
Any news is good news. :bowing_woman:t2:

Hi, This issue should have been resolved. Please let us know if you are still facing issues (server crashes)

1 Like

Hello i keep seeing you guys seems to ‘Resolved’ this issue on multiple threads (Servers crashing for an unknown reason - #8 by MSDLF), but it’s still happening and I got similar issue.

Same like that article, for me its around 1-2 hours and server disconnects everyone. We have a couple seconds lag where everyone is teleporting everywhere without ping lags when its starting to disconnect the entire players in the server we rejoined a new server at the same time, its not just a couple of people but everyone since we are chatting with each other on discord.

Hi, is this still happening for you? If it is, could you please open a new bug report and share your place so we can look into our internal logs and see what is the cause. Unfortunately all these disconnects can have different root causes and we need to look report by report basis.

Hello! The problem was solved. The problem was due to a memory leak from robloxs pathfinding, but they fixed it.

1 Like