Servers unable to access DataStore and MessagingService - API Disabled in RCC Channel

Some servers are unable to do datastore and messaging service operations. Throwing errors like “API Disabled in RCC Channel” and “509: Data Store operations blocked while running on a Personal RCC to prevent possible data corruption”.

This issue started happening approx. 8 hours ago (August 4th, 11pm GMT)

The game where I noticed it happening - 📦 Unboxing Simulator 📦 - Roblox

A temporary fix is to shut down the server where the error appears

12 Likes

I can confirm that I’m getting this error now. It also seems that when I retry the SubscribeAsync connection, it just doesn’t work for that server specifically, as if MessagingService is shut down for that server indefinitely.

6 Likes

I’ve been getting this ‘personal rcc’ problem too in studio playtesting; I recently made a thread on it in platform usage support. I’ve tried everything to fix the problem but to no avail (this issue only occurs in one project that im currently working on, and datastores on my other projects work totally fine).

6 Likes

That’s weird. Maybe when a server is misconfigured or not ready in time, it falls back to assuming it’s an internal self-hosted server session on some Roblox engineer’s PC. RCC is the internal name for Roblox’s dedicated server instances.

9 Likes

It’s very interesting to see new bugs that we would never have known about otherwise without this new feature.

4 Likes

Noticed this too in my game:
(The context being MessagingService)

There have been a bunch of spikes in the error graph as well.

The new error report feature is so useful, I would not have known about half of these errors even existing.

4 Likes

I’m also getting these “RCC Channel” errors but when using HTTPService API’s. This is concerning as I rely on them for saving player data.

5 Likes

Can you please confirm now that if you are still seeing this issue? It should be fixed now.

9 Likes

Fixed, no errors in the past hour.

5 Likes

Hey. unfortunately despite the fix for this issue it seems like Http requests are still failing in some servers of SCP: Roleplay - Roblox.
Namely, the requests done through RequestAsync to a server we made for this game are hanging forever, not sending any request to the server and therefore never getting a response. This, unfortunately, also hangs the thread.
There has been no code change in the endpoint used in the game nor in the game itself on this matter for over a year.

This has been quite disruptive for a big chunk of our community who relies on these requests working to be able to enjoy the game properly.

9 Likes

Right now I have a lobby server with 3 MessagingService requests that are hanging indefinitely.
20230821_102251_871_RobloxPlayerBeta

Users are unable to play Shard Seekers periodically due to MessagingService issues. I’ve had issues with TeleportService over the last few weeks where specific servers are unjoinable; The target server responds to the join request with the correct access code, but when teleporting the user gets stuck and never arrives.
Normally I would suspect it’s caused by users with cross play disabled playing and being sent to a separate server (which is a broken behavior IMO), but I have the game disabled on Xbox for this reason.

20230809_153312_628_RobloxPlayerBeta

Restarting the game via ‘Shut Down All Servers’ doesn’t fix it, and I need to constantly clear the affected server’s keys in MemoryStoreService manually until it dies for the game to be playable again. I have a family and I don’t have time for this.

These are my most common server errors for the last week:

And some warnings:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.