SetAsync limits question

no i very much do have a clue, this system is just uhh different. i think there is a reason its looped 3 times, but i guess only one way to find out

I assumed you didn’t have a clue based on what you asked me regarding on how to remove the loop.
Keep it if you’d like to, I’m only helping you here.

1 Like

The only reason I see in this is wasting bandwidth and reaching the rate limit’s.

1 Like

This is as useless as setting the same variable 3 times with the same value. The only difference is that the impact is way bigger

no i was confirming what you mean simply because there are multiple loops you could’ve been referring to, so based on your answer i inferred you meant all of them

They mean all of the loops. All the for i 1, 3 loops that use datastore. All of them

I’ll specify: Remove all the loops starting with for i = 1.
This script is very bad for your game. I would not recommend you keep it.

I understood… as i already stated. I removed them

im not an idiot ;-;

I just don’t understand why you’d need to ask me if you “know what you’re doing”, that is all.
Since your issue seem to be solved, I won’t respond to this thread unless you have further issues.

The last time i tried to use profileservice, none of my data saved i tried everything and asked help but got nothing.

Then you set it up incorrectly.
There are a lot of guides out there.
Some examples are YouTube, Github, and the official documentation site for it, which is here: ProfileService

Hi, I am still getting the warning " DataStore request was added to queue. If request queue fills, further requests will be dropped. Try sending fewer requests.Key = 464517206"

and the error (check image):

What is your current code?
Would be helpful to know

If anything ProfileService is just datastores but more exposed. Having setter and getter functions is not always what you want.

1 Like

I fixed it. Did this since I realizing that data was being sent two times for one player. hopefully this resolved it

use update async instead of setasync

There is no use for it here since he isn’t doing anything with the old value, it is useful if you have a history log, since you can retrieve the old value before updating it.

Example: A chat log for a specific player, in cases like these UpdateAsync must be used.

I’ll say that ProfileService is the best module out there for saving data (it also has a lot of features, such as session locking and much more).

I would much rather use a module made by someone who spent month after month making sure it’s perfect instead of wasting my own time writing 2000 lines of code, more or less.
On top of that; it also requires a lot of testing.

1 Like

I agree, its just I dont consider Learning and Practicing as “wasting my time”… I prefer break my head learning stuff than just use tools. (Specially if someone is really willing to learn scripting or just playing to be a Dev, which is not bad, dont get me wrong)

Im not against using tools, I use some, specially when theres deadline for projects, or to save time on boring stuff, if not, Im perfectly fine with building my own, customized for my special needs, and knowing how it works, no matter if theres better tools out there. Of course its about preferences, and the type of the projects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.