Setting Camera's Y Rotation

I’ve been working on a wallrunning system recently, and it’s mostly complete. However, I’m currently facing an issue with setting the camera’s rotation to be perpendicular to the wall. I want to do this by aligning the camera’s Y rotation with the HumanoidRootPart’s, because it already has the desired angle. The objective is to enable the player to look up and down while wallrunning. Despite various attempts, I haven’t found anything that fixes the problem. Any assistance is appreciated! :>

if you want camera control on only some angles, im pretty sure that youll have to rewrite camera scripts

Make a runservice loop that sets the x and z rotation values of the camera every frame to a set value

2 Likes

I think he’s right, you’re going to have to make a custom camera system for something like that.

I found that setting the CameraType to Attach is almost exactly what I want, except for the fact that you can’t control the pitch of the camera without holding right click. Is there any way I can change the camera scripts to do that?

Nevermind, I figured it out! I still use Attach, and then just include this code in a script to lock the mouse.

RunService:BindToRenderStep("MouseLock",Enum.RenderPriority.Last.Value+1,function()
    UserInputService.MouseBehavior = Enum.MouseBehavior.LockCenter
end)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.