Several issues with Studio - missing movement cube, unselectable tools and missing toolbox

I opened up Studio to do some building. When I opened it there was no movement square in the corner of the screen. I then inserted a part but I couldn’t move it, resize it or rotate it. All I could do was delete it. I also cannot open the toolbox. I would love some help because I can’t use studio if I can’t move parts!

(This issue has been solved!)

4 Likes

You’re probably referring to the View Selector square if that is what you’re asking about, it’s a easy way to enable it after-all.

You have to go to the Topbar > View > View Sector and then click once to enable it or to disable it, 2 clicks…

2 Likes

I have turned it on but it will not appear!

2 Likes

That’s strange, can you probably show a screenshot when you click it and a before picture of it? It would help me and someone else out on the forums to determine what’s wrong with the square.

With the part not moving, have you tried disabling Constraints on the topbar? That is also one of the problems that you are having with the parts not moving or sizing. @DeanTheBear21

^ I’m guessing it’s in a different position on your screen.

3 Likes

I will take some screenshots but I don’t know if that will help too much.

2 Likes

With the view selector square, you can still move, resize or rotate an object.

This happens to me occasionally - I’m unable to grab a part, move it, rotate it, ect but I think there’s been a topic about it already.

2 Likes

Notice how there is no view selector?
Also the part was on move and there were no arrows!

2 Likes

Are you currently on move or scale mode? If you use Select mode alone you won’t be able to see movement arrows/scale circles. Furthermore, it’d be more helpful to see a screenshot of your entire screen with the view tab open to see if the view selector is selected and what other options you have selected.

1 Like

I found this post and now see that many other people are also having this issue.
The video in this post shows exactly what is happening to me!

I’m pretty sure Studio has had this issue for quite some time, even before the new update. Could just be some internet issues or something. I had this happen like multiple times in a row so yeah :man_shrugging:t3:

It’s very strange. I am trying to find solutions to it right now. I will keep everyone informed if i find anything.

I have discovered that all of the tools (rotate, resize, move) do work but they seem to only work when your in test and you character it there walking.

You have two options:

• Reinstall Roblox Studio, if that doesn’t work
  • Get OBS studio and record your screen so we can determine the problem

• Disable new Lua Dragger in Beta features if that’s an option or
  • Try deleting the Camera
1 Like

Ill try to reinstall studio. Then if that doesn’t work I will screen record.

I reinstalled Studio and now it works!

How do you uninstall?
I’m having issues

2 Likes