Severe lag when editing anything in "Server" mode of Play Solo

Reproduction Steps

I’m running: Version 0.555.1.5550874 (64bit) on Windows 11.

This issue has been prevalent for a while, but seems as though it’s becoming increasingly unusable.

Expected Behavior

I want to be able to switch to Server mode so I can change properties on the server and observe how they update on the client. Editing properties should be as quick as it is when Studio is not running a play session.

Actual Behavior
Studio slows to a crawl and there is unbelievably high latency on any action (expanding a model, editing a property etc).

This happens exclusively when you change to Server view. On Client view, editing properties and navigating the Explorer view is as expected. On the Server it is practically unusable.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Performance
Impact: High
Frequency: Often

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

3 Likes

Hi there, checking back in on this one. We’ve made some improvements in this area, are you still experiencing lag? Is it possible to send a log if so? Also, does it matter on the type of level being edited? (lots of models, lots of ux, always happens even on baseplate, etc)

1 Like

Apologies for following up so late, I’ve only just needed to do this again and yes there has been a dramatic improvement, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.