Severe Server Lag on Player Join

Did you just recently start experiencing these lag spikes, or have they always been there?

We’re still coming up with ways to deal with very large experiences that use lots of instances or expansive terrain, so I don’t have a “you can just do this!” solution for you :frowning: . For now, the best way to deal with this problem is probably by making your game streaming enabled, and making sure you use as little terrain as possible (e.g. in most games you only interact with the top surface of terrain; this means you don’t have to make your terrain very thick z-axis wise).

Did you just recently start experiencing these lag spikes, or have they always been there?

I am not 100% sure about that.
I think i have been seeing the lagspikes for about a month or 2 now.

The lagspikes have existed for a long time already, but they’re more noticable and longer now.

My game cant work with streaming enabled sadly. I love streaming enabled as it makes everything so much faster, but at the same time it can literally crash a player due to the way my game works.

Im hoping there will be some sort of hybrid streaming enabled version in the future so i can just choose what should be bound to the streaming enabled feature and what should not be.

That way i can choose if i want to stream the terrain or only certain parts of the terrain i want to be streamed and which models or parts i want to be streamed.

I notice this same thing in Pet Sim X by Preston (BIG Games).

A player will join and everything freezes for a second or 2. However the funny thing is, it does not happen every time a player joins, only like 70% of the time. And this is relatively new for the game, as I remember a couple game updates back that this did not happen. (like 2 months ago or so). I do not think this effects every game because I also play Dungeon Quest and others and have not noticed ping spikes on player joins in those games.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.