"Shift+F5" crashes the client when pressed

So just recently, a few of my friends and I have been experiencing a lot of crashes whenever we press “Shift+F5” to check our FPS in-game. Normally, of course, this would bring up a UI on the top left corner of your screen displaying different data, etc.

So far, the crashing seems to happen every time “Shift+F5” is pressed. To see if this is also happening to yourself, go inside any game and press Shift+F5 to see if your Roblox app happens to crash.

Crash #1

Crash #2

Crash #3

I cannot be so sure of when the bug started happening, but I only found out today from my friend who happened to check his FPS in the new Hallow’s Eve event. (10/19/17 - 1:51 AM EST).

If this is also occurring to you in-game, then it would be nice to reply down below just to confirm if this is happening with a lot of other users. Thank you.

5 Likes

This happened once to me today, I haven’t checked to see if it happens repeatedly yet.

Edit: Yeah, I was able to reproduce the crash, seems to happen, for me at least, when Shift+F5 is repeatedly toggled rather than it happening immediately the first time.

Thank you for reporting this. We think we have found the offending change and have temporarily disabled it. Please let us know if you are still seeing experiencing this issue.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response, but I have not had a crash from Shift+F5 after I created this post about a day later. Things are working smoothly now, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.