Should I start paid comms

Hi can someone rate my gfx please as I don’t know if I should start paid stuff

5 Likes

Personally I’d suggest practicing a bit more. That example image seems rather lackluster. While it has its applications and you’d get some traffic. Quite frankly that style of GFX is rather niche. Possibly could start with backgrounds inside of a building, in a park, or really anywhere so long as you get that experience. You could also work with changing the expression of the avatar by having the avatar wave, cheer, or do anything of the sort just to give it that much more umph.

All in all I enjoy the red stripes in the background with the bits of white particle like additions throughout the background. It’d be a good GFX for an avatar but quite frankly there are people who do very cheap with years of experience. So in the end I’d say no, not yet, but you can certainly get there soon! Good luck!

10 Likes

Thanks man I do have a lot of other gfx like the things you suggested maybe ill dm you some

1 Like

Something that can make your GFXs look better is lighting, if you apply a nice lighting to the character it can look a lot better. I suggest more practice but it’s a nice work tho!

2 Likes

The first one is good.
And for the second and third one, you can work on the background of the character.
I think if you practise more, you can eventually get paid for comms.

Work hard! Keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks pretty nice, as others have said better lighting would be better.

One thing I would suggest, is getting a better rig (Or whatever the term is, I am bad at GFX)
The joints on a normal r15 avatar don’t really look very good in gfx

3 Likes

nice bro can you make one for me freeee please

2 Likes

It’s okay, the lighting on them seem bland though. I think you should just practice a bit more.

I actually disagree with pretty much everyone on this thread who are saying you should get more practice before starting paid comms. From my own personal experience, commission are an excellent way to push yourself a lot farther than if you weren’t being paid. They are a great motivator.

What am I getting at? You could try doing commissions. Your prices should reflect your skill though - There are very noticeable gaps in the character’s arms, lighting isn’t the best, and a few roadblocks drag your prices down. Put your work at cheap, then gain experience. Slowly, raise your prices as your confidence/efficiency grows. For me, this process has worked, as you can see from the examples in my portfolio, and the reviews: Infinite_Visions (Portfolio Link)

Do what you feel confident, and have fun doing it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I say keep practicing chief. just because you got cheap renders doesn’t mean you have a good chance for commissions. trying making gfx of what’s in your head and experiment.

1 Like