Should only Regulars be allowed to flag?

Those posts is classed as spam as it’s basically like just saying ‘Thanks’ and you could use the like button instead. So those examples was correctly flagged by members.

Members do generally know what off-topic means after a few months and I believe only allowing regulars to flag would mean that more content that are against the rules will take longer to take down as DET aren’t notified (I know regulars do have enhanced flags).

1 Like

We don’t have enhanced flags. Flag weights are disabled on the devforum.

https://github.com/roblox-dev-forum/simple-flags

4 Likes

I didn’t realise, thought when it comes to that it would be similar to other Discourse forums

Discourse is open-source enough for total customization that ranges from text all the way to flags like we have it here. In fact, the team behind it actually encourages it with promoting community made plugins on their forum.

We used to, but certain Regulars / Top Contributors / etc would abuse their relative trust level to flag posts they didn’t like.

4 Likes

I would possibly agree if it wasn’t literally impossible to become a regular right now. Maybe have like a 2-4 week wait after you get approved before you can flag? But regular. no. I’m honestly getting tired of regulars constantly having temper tantrums because not everyone is perfect. Like I’m sure you made mistakes as a newbie too.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t be getting mad over flags, if it isn’t against TOS it won’t get taken down. Simple as that.

3 Likes

I agree. I think this is kinda dumb, you are exactly right

2 Likes

no, it’s mostly pretty reliable and either way regulars would probably abuse it too (and theres no way to get regular anymore at least for now)

also if you really hate it just make a new post and it’s really not that big of a probably and roblox never even adds features the community requests anyways especially when it’s a small problem and I’ve never even had a problem with that personally (and pretty active on forums ig)

1 Like

I think this could be good IF they were actively accepting players as regulars

The reason they are flagged is because they are trying to harvest likes and their posts are considered spam. Saying “Looks great” to a Roblox update is considered spam as it does not provide any useful questions or information.

Exactly! Just like this post:

Jkjk, no hard feelings. I totally agree with you though.

(Don’t take this as an insult or anything it’s just a joke)

i agree and dont agree, sometimes people flag innocent post / topics, sometimes people do need to be flagged.

we all know members has more people than regular.

1 Like

No, that post is completely different. This adds useful information to the topic and is relevant broadly, not just to one person. (e.g. I’m explaining that adding a “critical” tag etc is pointless when staff has already responded) If you think it falls in the same bucket I encourage you to read through the posts above once more and see if that helps you better understand the problem.

3 Likes

I highly disagree with this. This would make moderation on the DevForum worse than it already is.

I did, and you must understand that it was a joke and I intentionally said “no hard feelings” because I knew you would take it very literally like you just did. A simple dm would have been fine, and I just simply mentioned the “critical” thing because sometimes staff forget about a bug and it stays there for a long time. Of course I don’t blame them, there are a lot of bugs (to be expected in a game platform). Also anything that has to do with Robux funds are usually critical anyways.

Again, no had feelings, don’t take what I just said as an insult please.

You probably should’ve kept the joke to yourself since it doesn’t add anything useful to the thread. This is a feature request regarding restricting the flagging feature to regulars and the response you got was intended to clarify the context behind making the post.

I don’t agree with only Regulars being able to flag but this is a good example of where you could’ve saved the message for a real-time chat service rather than using the forum. Feature request threads are not exactly the most appropriate location for immaterial jokes.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a good idea. The problem with restricting existing features to regulars only is that nobody can be promoted to a regular right now, and it’s been that way for a while. This would mean that the less-talkative or newer members of the devforum won’t get a chance to call out any issues they find, which means a lot more could go under the radar

Not taking it as an insult – correcting your misunderstanding of the intent of my post, whether you meant it as a joke or not you clearly didn’t have the right understanding. :slightly_smiling_face:

My intention was to broadly make clear that a critical tag is not necessary on bug reports like that.

4 Likes

This could become an issue because what if a regular is private messaging a member and the regular says something offensive. The member won’t be able to flag the post, so basically the regular will be able to say whatever they want.
It doesn’t seem that you put a lot of thought into this post.